Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

Chloé Zhao calls Interstellar a masterpiece and one of her favourite movies ever, which she watches once a year

Denis Villeneuve Interview with The Hollywood Reporter
In 2013, you released Prisoners, your first American movie, and just 8 years later, you and Chris Nolan are mentioned in the same sentence as two of our greatest living filmmakers. What does it mean to you to be acknowledged in that regard?

Frankly, I don’t pay a lot of attention to those kinds of statements because they are statements that can change. I mean, I will say that I’m a massive fan of Nolan’s work. He’s a master, but I don’t consider myself at the same level. (Laughs.)

Well, you are!

(Laughs.) No, but it’s not false humility, and I must be careful with what I’m saying here. It’s just that I like to think that I’m still learning my craft and that every movie is a learning experience. If one day I feel that I’m in control and that I’ve totally mastered the tools, then maybe I could be called a master, but it’s not the case right now. I’m learning too much. (Laughs.) I think that Chris is a contemporary master, and each time he raises the bar so high. So to answer your original question, it’s a beautiful compliment to be associated with a filmmaker of that caliber, but I don’t listen to that, frankly.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235038791/

Zhao again, at 19'30'' (all video is interesting)

Demoph wrote:
November 10th, 2021, 2:48 pm
Zhao again, at 19'30'' (all video is interesting)
this series is very nice, just like Criterion's closet picks

Trying to Find Your Way Out of It With Whatever Means You Have: Kenneth Branagh on Belfast
https://www.rogerebert.com/interviews/t ... on-belfast
You've worked with some of the great directors as an actor. What did you learn from them?

The capacity to manage time without apparent hurry. Christopher Nolan is a master of this. Danny Boyle is a master of this. Nolan can be in the middle of the busiest battle sequence live with everything real in "Dunkirk" and handle a personal conversation that requires some delicacy between me and another character as if nothing else is going on. He seems to stop time. It's a result of tremendous preparation in every other department to allow for that moment. So I've learned that.

He's a wizard. You almost want to say, "Chris, you've got a destroyer there. You've got three planes in the air," and everyone is talking and he is listening. And I think what you learn from that is sort of primacy of the human dimension, if that's what the story requires, is something that he and people like him protect at all costs. I try to do the same thing.

“Oh yes,” Roland Emmerich tells Den of Geek when asked if the disaster genre has changed in recent years. “Because naturally Marvel and DC Comics, and Star Wars, have pretty much taken over. It’s ruining our industry a little bit, because nobody does anything original anymore.”

“You should make bold new movies, you know?” Emmerich tells us. “And I think, actually, Christopher Nolan is the master of that. He is someone who can make movies about whatever he wants. I have it a little bit harder, but I still have a big enough name—especially when it’s a disaster [movie] or has some sort of disaster theme.”
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/roland ... -industry/

I love Hideo but WTF?

Pr0creation wrote:
February 11th, 2022, 4:49 pm
I love Hideo but WTF?

Considering how much he loves Dunkirk, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, he makes Video Games, not shocking digital tech is his thing.

A Borges man wrote:
February 11th, 2022, 7:50 pm
Pr0creation wrote:
I love Hideo but WTF?

Considering how much he loves Dunkirk, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, he makes Video Games, not shocking digital tech is his thing.
honestly it reads like a meme and knowing Kojima`s sense of humor it makes absolute sense, he`s having a laugh and i love it haha

Nicolaslabra wrote:
February 11th, 2022, 8:34 pm
A Borges man wrote:
February 11th, 2022, 7:50 pm
Pr0creation wrote:
I love Hideo but WTF?

honestly it reads like a meme and knowing Kojima`s sense of humor it makes absolute sense, he`s having a laugh and i love it haha
For sure. PEople where taking this too seriously on Twitter.