Dreams

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
chee wrote:
DoubleD wrote:This is all starting to sound like a really bad Michael Bay movie. :lol: :lol:
Isn't he making a TMNT movie?
Yea. But their not teenage mutants anymore.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
chee wrote:
yeah.. they're aliens now.. :thumbdown: thank fuck he didn't do batman or he'd destroy my entire childhood :(

DoubleD wrote:
chee wrote:
That movie is gonna suck so much ass. :lol:

Meraxes wrote:As a major fan of the subconscious, Jung and the dreamworld, I just thought you would like this one lalyil:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-If- ... 19638.html
That's fantastic, thank you. I was planning on mentioning Inception briefly (as I think if I mention Nolan more I'd get a slap from everyone in my course) and this gives me an excuse.. follow up from the Jung mentions ;) Thanks!!

lalyil wrote:
Meraxes wrote:As a major fan of the subconscious, Jung and the dreamworld, I just thought you would like this one lalyil:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-If- ... 19638.html
That's fantastic, thank you. I was planning on mentioning Inception briefly (as I think if I mention Nolan more I'd get a slap from everyone in my course) and this gives me an excuse.. follow up from the Jung mentions ;) Thanks!!
Anytime. I just knew you would appreciate it :) Inception is very open to interpretation, but the Jungian aspect is what I lean most towards without a doubt.

Meraxes wrote:
lalyil wrote:
Anytime. I just knew you would appreciate it :) Inception is very open to interpretation, but the Jungian aspect is what I lean most towards without a doubt.
Indeed! I started annalysing it for an essay but ended up going with Memento, because 4 pages will never do justice for Inception. Not that they're nearly enough for Memento, but here I know more what to concentrate on.
Still, I'm glad I can write and talk about Inception a little with the dreams lecture. I must admit we had to pick a subject we relate to with a personal story and my excuse for dreams was the fact that I've remembered at least one dream every night for the past 6 months, since I had a loss of vit D. Even started a dream journal which is really full now lol only later I thought "yay! I can mention Nolan!" :lol:

chee wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
That movie is gonna suck so much ass. :lol:
I's just called Ninja Turtles now. Now teenage antics, no pizza, no skateboarding. Michael Bay just moved up a whole spot up in my Hate List aka Kill In the Future List. I had a dream about that, too. I dream about mad things when I'm mad.

juliansplat4 wrote:I's just called Ninja Turtles now. Now teenage antics, no pizza, no skateboarding. Michael Bay just moved up a whole spot up in my Hate List aka Kill In the Future List. I had a dream about that, too. I dream about mad things when I'm mad.
If that's for real then is it like you control your dreams?.. :tooexcited:

lalyil wrote:
juliansplat4 wrote:I's just called Ninja Turtles now. Now teenage antics, no pizza, no skateboarding. Michael Bay just moved up a whole spot up in my Hate List aka Kill In the Future List. I had a dream about that, too. I dream about mad things when I'm mad.
If that's for real then is it like you control your dreams?.. :tooexcited:
Not really. I don't control, I just reflect my emotions into them. I don't remember them too much though. When I'm in the dream, everything is very lucid, but when I wake up, I only remember bits and pieces. After a half an hour, maybe even after a few minutes, I start to forget most of the details.