NolanFans' Collective Diary II: Collect Harder

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Vader182 wrote:Bit of an update on my eye condition for those of you that care.

I saw my doctor a week ago from today and it's been decided I'll undergo an extreme treatment from the 17th of December onward for four weeks (it isn't a coincidence that's just after The Hobbit comes out, though it wouldn't be able to start much before then).

Basically, my eyes will be dilated 24/7 for that month, I'll wear bifocal glasses throughout that time, and essentially be ultra-light sensitive every second of every day, which may or may not lead me to extreme headaches unless I wear sunglass or view dimmed TV's and computer monitors. It'll make driving impossible at night, and make watching movies impossible or too, or close to it. Not to sound too dramatic, but my winter break is basically going to be a total hell.

However, this treatment has the most potential of any available to permanently alleviate me of these troubling symptoms. It may be temporary relief, but any is welcome.

That said, if my eyes aren't fixed, or the relief is too temporary, I'm going to cease my plans to acquire a PHD in Social or Industrial-Organizational Psychology, and will refocus my academics to getting a BA in something I won't hate too much. Graduate school will be impossible under the current circumstances.

It's not the best news given the possibility of abandoning my life-plans, but it has more hope than I suppose some face whilst possessing bizarre and life-deterring medical conditions. I hope for the best.

-Vader
Hang in there Vader :( wish I could help
Sigs???

Keep your head up Vader and best wishes. Hope everything works out for you.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I'm sorry Vader. Keep on keeping on.

Forum Pro
Law
Vader aside from that gif, I hope everything works out for you. I'm sure it will, you're a good dude and good things happen to good dudes.

Vader182 wrote:Bit of an update on my eye condition for those of you that care.

I saw my doctor a week ago from today and it's been decided I'll undergo an extreme treatment from the 17th of December onward for four weeks (it isn't a coincidence that's just after The Hobbit comes out, though it wouldn't be able to start much before then).

Basically, my eyes will be dilated 24/7 for that month, I'll wear bifocal glasses throughout that time, and essentially be ultra-light sensitive every second of every day, which may or may not lead me to extreme headaches unless I wear sunglass or view dimmed TV's and computer monitors. It'll make driving impossible at night, and make watching movies impossible or too, or close to it. Not to sound too dramatic, but my winter break is basically going to be a total hell.

However, this treatment has the most potential of any available to permanently alleviate me of these troubling symptoms. It may be temporary relief, but any is welcome.

That said, if my eyes aren't fixed, or the relief is too temporary, I'm going to cease my plans to acquire a PHD in Social or Industrial-Organizational Psychology, and will refocus my academics to getting a BA in something I won't hate too much. Graduate school will be impossible under the current circumstances.

It's not the best news given the possibility of abandoning my life-plans, but it has more hope than I suppose some face whilst possessing bizarre and life-deterring medical conditions. I hope for the best.

-Vader
I can't imagine what it must be like to be in this situation. I hope all goes well and you get the best possible results.

Allstar wrote:
I thought you were better now. So you will not be able to see Django? :cry:
Nope, but:

I'll be able to see The Master, Looper, Seven Psychopaths, Cloud Atlas, Skyfall, and Lincoln. Probably others I'm forgetting.

Point is, there's more films that I'll probably think are amazing in the next few months than most years combined, so I can't complaint too much. My boy Quentin will have to wait.

Cilogy, I basically can't read paper, have double vision on most things interaction with light, light sources are accentuated, have hard time focusing on specific things, I basically just see light weird all around, light sensitivity, etc. The doc thinks it's a reaction to the physical trauma from the car crash I was in a few years ago, so fuck that guy. Basically, reading of any kind for more than brief periods of time is an arduous and burdening task, and while that's never a problem for most general web browsing, it can be when reading dense text books for huge segments of time, which is all grad school is.

It's also why I barely watch movies these days anyway, although I can see films in the movie theater now, which is heaven for me.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words everyone. To put a sort of ...positive idea into the conversation, I did just move into downtown Chicago into one of the nicest areas in the city, and I'm adoring courses at university. My film teacher's a boss.

-Vader

Good luck Vader. I hope the films you get to see in the theater surpass your expectations, and I hope the aftermath of your procedures is the absolute best it can be.

I'm gonna go have a smoke right now. You want a smoke? You don't smoke, do ya, right? What are ya, one of those fitness freaks, huh? Go fuck yourself.

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:I'm gonna go have a smoke right now. You want a smoke? You don't smoke, do ya, right? What are ya, one of those fitness freaks, huh? Go fuck yourself.

So C8...you gonna make a sequel to that story?
Sigs???