Football Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
oracle86 wrote:Fergie ImageImage
Respect.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Sir Alex Ferguson will step down as Manchester United manager at the end of the season after 26 years in charge.
Wow, it had to happen eventually. Will be weird going into a new season without him managing Utd. One the greatest managers ever, maybe the greatest.
Can't picture United without him, but I'm gonna pay closer attention to them next season to see what's changed, which I imagine might be quite a lot.

no more fergie time!

I'll never see a greater manager in my lifetime (hard to believe that he's been at Old Trafford longer than I've been on this planet) and Scotland will never produce a better manager.

I hope Manchester United fans aren't looking at what happened to Aberdeen after Fergie left :P

Moyes has a big task ahead (assuming he's appointed which looks pretty likely right now). There's no doubting he's done a great job at Everton under a limited budget and has built a solid team, but Man Utd is a whole new animal. Will be very interesting to see how he does.

Chelsea represented England well tonight, congrats. Have to say i've enjoyed a majority of the Europa League games this season, been some exciting matches.

Tomorrow is the big final! Will anyone watch it? Anyone in London?

Should be a good match, going for 3-1 Bayern.

How do you feel about the game, redfan?

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Should be a good match, going for 3-1 Bayern.
How do you feel about the game, redfan?
I couldn't think of anything else this whole week and I've been checking news every like 10 minutes :facepalm: Tomorrow I'm leaving for Munich and I hope I can get at least some sleep before. About the game, well, we're the favorites, but in fact Dortmund is the only team right now that can actually beat us. I suppose that goes the other way around, too. Everyone has been underestimating them, but we made this mistake for the last 2 years and have now adapted to their playing stile. Summary: I'm fuc*ing nervous :lol:

It is time... **Champions**