Football Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
That penalty though

What a fucking game. I cannot describe what I'm feeling right now.

Against all odds. And literally that. Our best player suspended, 5 out of 6 front-6 first team not available and nine injuries in total. Playing away at Paris vs some of the best players in the world being 2-0 down after the first leg, and your entire bench consisting of teenagers with little to none experience.

Ole will be our manager for years to come, and I couldn't be happier.

Edit: Even better how the dude who should have been sent off and ended up scoring in the first leg is the one who made the penalty. Absolutely no sympathy for the guy or them even if the decision isn't clear as day.

Sanchez wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 7:26 pm

lol, he didn't prove anything yesterday. If anything Paris lost the match, but United really didn't do a good match. He may progress but for the moment he's more a mental coach than a tactician.

Demoph wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 4:10 am
Sanchez wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 7:26 pm

lol, he didn't prove anything yesterday. If anything Paris lost the match, but United really didn't do a good match. He may progress but for the moment he's more a mental coach than a tactician.
You don't win nine away games in a row with a 23-4 goal difference (!) just by being positive and patting the players on the back.

You either don't know what you're talking about, or you haven't watch much of United. Solskjær's tactical skills are extremely easy to spot. Even yesterday's match where they had almost no possession proved that multiple times. From how they had to change formation 30 minutes into the game when Bailly was subbed off to how extremely well the defence (minus Ashley Young) played, to how he is using both Pereira and Dalot in positions they've barely ever played in because that made the team stronger. And PSG played worse in the second half. How do you explain that if he's so tactically inferior to Tuchel?

Ole is breaking records every single week, and he's not doing that because of luck. They are clearly doing something right. And those who are unable to see that, doesn't understand how the game works.

Solskjaer has done two great things for now: organise the defense and give confidence to the attack. As any coach would say (Guardiola, Cruyff, Bielsa...), the defensive organisation is much easier to do than the offensive one. Hell, even Di Matteo mastered it perfectly to the point of winning the champion's league. As for the goals they score, given the number of opportunities they have every match, it's really because of the efficiency and the confidence of the players, that is due to the coach, but not the tactical abilities of the coach.
As for the game yesterday, he reorganised his team after Bailly was wounded. And as for Paris being bad in last half-hour, this is due to the trauma of the defeat against Barcelona two years ago. Paris basically shit their pants for thirty minutes.
Maybe Solskjaer will end up a good coach that stays long in United, but based on the way the team plays, he could also very much end up like Di Matteo fired before next december (but without having won the champion's league). He was asked to take a team in a situation of crisis which requires two abilities: mental/motivation and return to basis (strong defense mainly).
Starting a season with a team, now, that's a very different challenge!

❌❌❌ GIANT SLAYERS

gad damn I loved the look on Ronaldo's face today throughout their loss

Cilogy wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:23 pm
gad damn I loved the look on Ronaldo's face today throughout their loss
The frustration at the end was a lovely sight (at the foul he made too)

Sooo, United back to being (even worse than) what they used to be under Jose. hello darkness my old friend

Is there anything better as a supporter than to have Jurgen Klopp as your coach?