NFL Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Today has been absolutely crazy.

Donovan to the Vikings
Hasselbeck to Titans
Sidney Rice and Tavaris Jackson to Seattle
A bunch of receivers to Redskins
Santonio Holmes back with Jets
And much more

Who's next? Nmadi and Randy Moss to Jets? Kyle Orton to Miami? Cromartie to Lions? Kolb to Cardinals? Craziest free agency day ever.

My projections for next season playoffs for now:

AFC:

1. Jets
2. Chargers
3. Steelers
4. Colts
5. Patriots
6. Ravens

Dark Horses-Chiefs, Texans, Titans, Dolphins

NFC:

1. Packers
2. Falcons
3. Eagles
4. Rams
5. Saints
6. Giants

Dark horses-Lions, Bears, Cowboys, Bucs

Addicted2Movies wrote:Today has been absolutely crazy.

Donovan to the Vikings
Hasselbeck to Titans
Sidney Rice and Tavaris Jackson to Seattle
A bunch of receivers to Redskins
Santonio Holmes back with Jets
And much more

Who's next? Nmadi and Randy Moss to Jets? Kyle Orton to Miami? Cromartie to Lions? Kolb to Cardinals? Craziest free agency day ever.

My projections for next season playoffs for now:

AFC:

1. Jets
2. Chargers
3. Steelers
4. Colts
5. Patriots
6. Ravens

Dark Horses-Chiefs, Texans, Titans, Dolphins

NFC:

1. Packers
2. Falcons
3. Eagles
4. Rams
5. Saints
6. Giants

Dark horses-Lions, Bears, Cowboys, Bucs
It won't be like this. Usually half of the teams that made the playoffs don't make it the next year. You got 9 from last year making it. Won't happen.

Favorite team - Dallas Cowboys
Favorite Players - Demarcus Ware, Miles Austin, Phillip Rivers, Darrelle Revis

Favorite Team- Denver Broncos

I'm just happy McDaniels is gone and now John Fox has a chance to turn the team around.

theweatherman wrote:Favorite Team- Denver Broncos

I'm just happy McDaniels is gone and now John Fox has a chance to turn the team around.
Tebow will be great, I watched him in the SEC as a Bama fan and love the guy...he is his own biggest critic. Just hope that Fox opens the offense up some for Timmy.

Not a fan of boy genius? I like McDaniel's, he didn't take no shit from nobody.

CaliKid329 wrote:

yeah the boy genius that ran a fairly successful football team into the ground in less than a year, scaring away two of our best players (Cutler/Marshall). And while I liked the Tebow pick, he probably shouldn't have done it two weeks after trading for another QB getting paid starter money. The dude may be an offensive genius, but he can't manage a football team. We should have never fired Shanahan, but I'm happy we have a more than competent coach who can put these past two seasons behind us and get the team back on the right track.

theweatherman wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:
yeah the boy genius that ran a fairly successful football team into the ground in less than a year, scaring away two of our best players (Cutler/Marshall). And while I liked the Tebow pick, he probably shouldn't have done it two weeks after trading for another QB getting paid starter money. The dude may be an offensive genius, but he can't manage a football team. We should have never fired Shanahan, but I'm happy we have a more than competent coach who can put these past two seasons behind us and get the team back on the right track.
He should have been given more time. It takes time to put a new system in place especially McDaniels. Denver got a great haul for both Cutler and Marshall. The offense was there, boy genius just needed to build a defense.

Kyle Orton isn't nearly the quality QB that Cutler is and I don't even remember what we got for Marshall. And who was the Genius that traded Peyton Hillis, oh yeah.

theweatherman wrote:Kyle Orton isn't nearly the quality QB that Cutler is and I don't even remember what we got for Marshall. And who was the Genius that traded Peyton Hillis, oh yeah.
Kyle Orton was a throw in and was still a great QB. You got 2 2nd round picks for Marshall. As for Peyton Hillis, I'm a Cleveland Browns fan and alls I gotta say is 1 year wonder. Hillis won't come close to what he did last year. Hillis had nowhere to play in Denver.