2022 FIFA World Cup

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
For forum football lovers :D

That's right - FOOTBALL.
You know, where you actually use your FOOT like 99,99% of the time.

I'm betting my money on Germany.

The United States will be winning this!

One week to go!

Hard to get excited for such a shameful event. I believe the worst world cup until now has been the one in Italy in 1934, while Mussolini was the head of State, and it was blatantly used to promote fascism. (yes the one organised by Putin wasn't even the worst)
But here, playing in stadiums that thousands of workers died to build may be even worse.
Fifa has a long story of corruption, friendship with the worst government, prefering money than defending human rights, but they've outdone themselves with this WC.

Anyway, my bet would be Brazil or Argentina.

I mean I think it's a great thing that we are now talking about this stuff and we don't want truly evil governments (which definitely include Qatar) to thrive on international sports events but where is the outrage for US getting the next World Cup then? That's what I want to know. The biggest ally of Israel and Saudi Arabia. Responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths in the Middle-East. There will never be a boycott for that.

Liberal media is filled with objections to businesses in Saudi Arabia while conservatives mostly whine about China, but no one ever objects to any person for paying taxes in France. Despite decades of committing crimes in Africa that to this date they refuse to at least pay for, as a partial remedy. It's just not part of anyone's political narrative and therefor western people don't see it in the media enough to give a shit.

No matter how drenched NATO's hands are in blood, we will always pretend the ethical obligations of governments, end right at the westernmost borders of Asia.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
November 14th, 2022, 3:50 am
One week to go!
I can't wait!

I'd rather have a loss than a tie. I'm pleased with Team USA! I'm not happy with Wales for not lying down and taking the loss! Instead, it ended in a tie. That's unacceptable. They should terminate that and make it continuous over time.

Team USA played tremendously against England! If it ends against Iran. I won't be disappointed because it's been an open secret for years! Philly will host the 2026 world cup! Philadelphia is the best place outside of New York City to guarantee a gold medal for Team USA! Look no further than legends like Mike Richter fed off the love America showed him! He made insane saves against the goat Gretzky and a stacked Team Canada to win the gold for America in the 1996 world cup of hockey!