Hollywoo Crushes III: They’ll Never Bang Us

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Tarssauce wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 1:02 pm
It took me a minute to find him on IMDB! They did him so dirty with that clean shaven look and short hair :lol: They all looked incredible and the outfits and suits were perfect.

I hope Nolan keeps giving the gays (and ladies) what they want... Eames and Arthur in Inception. Farrier and Collins in Dunkirk. The Protagonist and Neil (and Ives lol).
This thread kinda gets to the point:

Demoph wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 5:42 am
This thread kinda gets to the point:

Interesting thread! Never really thought about it this way.

It certainly feels like the closest Nolan has come to an out-and-out non-heteronormative relationship between main characters.

With the way
protagonist and Neil talk to each other at the end of the film, with protagonist basically on the verge of tears during their goodbye
, I certainly chose to read it that way.

Cilogy wrote:
December 30th, 2020, 4:56 pm
It certainly feels like the closest Nolan has come to an out-and-out non-heteronormative relationship between main characters.

With the way
protagonist and Neil talk to each other at the end of the film, with protagonist basically on the verge of tears during their goodbye
, I certainly chose to read it that way.
Spoiler for Tenet.
I think Nolan said that as he was making the movie, he and JDW realised that the real love story was Neil + Protag. I don't think he intended it to be sexual (that's his third movie in a row where character don't even try to have sex btw), but he eventually got that the two emotional heart of the film are Neil+Protag and Kat+son, and that Kat + Protag was much less important than these two.
Anyway, I'm waiting for the sequel where Keri Russell pops from nowhere to say she's had a relationship with the protagonist long before and disappear right after.

Look, I'm not gay at all, but watching James Garner in The Great Escape has made me question a few things...

BlairCo wrote:
March 21st, 2021, 10:27 pm
Look, I'm not gay at all, but watching James Garner in The Great Escape has made me question a few things...
:roll:

but ya that's a suave sonuvabich.

BlairCo wrote:
March 21st, 2021, 10:27 pm
Then watch Victor Victoria to see James Garner wondering if he's gay!

Nice

Beat me to it! Hot damn. But I'm extra, extra in love with Rebecca since seeing Reminiscence.