Photography...

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
nice pics

Thank you... here's one of my sweeter images.

RomanM wrote:Thank you... here's one of my sweeter images.
Brilliant!

Some new stuff...

So Roman, since you've had experience with both, how big was the image quality difference between the T2i and 5D Mark II?

Oh man it's night and day lmao. 5D's has higher dynamic range, much improved low light capabilities, 1/3rd stop ISO so you can get lower noise levels because the ISO is digitally pulled from one of the 1 stop bases (100, 200, 400, 800, etc). Because the 5D is a full frame camera (VistaVision for the cinema heads) the depth of field is a shallower given the same distance in comparison to a 1.6 or 1.3 crop camera. I love that 5D Mark II. Heading to the Canon EXPO next week with a few of my more popular friends. Hopefully there's a new Video DSLR hybrid, the 60D ain't cutting, though I will probably ditch the T2i for one of them.
Taken with a T2i

RomanM wrote:Oh man it's night and day lmao. 5D's has higher dynamic range, much improved low light capabilities, 1/3rd stop ISO so you can get lower noise levels because the ISO is digitally pulled from one of the 1 stop bases (100, 200, 400, 800, etc). Because the 5D is a full frame camera (VistaVision for the cinema heads) the depth of field is a shallower given the same distance in comparison to a 1.6 or 1.3 crop camera. I love that 5D Mark II. Heading to the Canon EXPO next week with a few of my more popular friends. Hopefully there's a new Video DSLR hybrid, the 60D ain't cutting, though I will probably ditch the T2i for one of them.
Interesting. The T2i's low light capabilities have impressed me, but the 5D sounds like something to save up towards. Nice.

You should do a blog post or something about the Canon Expo, I'd be cool to hear how that goes and what products are coming out soon. Video DSLR hybrids sound intriguing, for filmmaking the T2i's body style is bothersome at times...

The 60D essentially looks a T2i but with a movable display screen. Higher ISO capability but I never like to go past 1600 as it is, and with the extra $200 on the price tag I think I'll pass.

The difference is really in the handling. I do still photography work as well, I'm really more of a stills photographer than a cinematographer, and the handling on the more professional bodies is just so much better. The 5D, 7D, 1series, and XXD series. The 60D looks to be greatly improved ergonomics wise, once you use one of these bodies you'll see. I also would like the integrated Speedlight wireless support, for flashes. 1/3rd stop ISO again another big thing I want. Handling is the main reason though.

I will most definitely be doing a blog post, I don't know what the rule is on pictures I'll find out. I'm sure my friend Phil will have some stuff on his site as well http://philipbloom.net

RomanM wrote:I will most definitely be doing a blog post, I don't know what the rule is on pictures I'll find out. I'm sure my friend Phil will have some stuff on his site as well http://philipbloom.net
Nice. I'm sure Bloom will mostly be referencing the video and your more still image oriented, both sound interesting. Unless of course Bloom isn't going into the actual event, but instead is planning on standing out front to make a time lapse of all the people coming in and out of the expo. :lol:

CrazyEight wrote:
RomanM wrote:I will most definitely be doing a blog post, I don't know what the rule is on pictures I'll find out. I'm sure my friend Phil will have some stuff on his site as well http://philipbloom.net
Nice. I'm sure Bloom will mostly be referencing the video and your more still image oriented, both sound interesting. Unless of course Bloom isn't going into the actual event, but instead is planning on standing out front to make a time lapse of all the people coming in and out of the expo. :lol:
Oh no he'll probably have 2 running in his hotel room like last time. Guy's a time lapse nut, I keep telling him he's gonna be left with no cameras soon. Shutter's gonna disintegrate inside the body lol.