Photography...

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Since you guys are photographers, I think you can help me out with this.

I want to buy a good quality camera that I can easily save up money for (I don't have a job, so I have to rely on birthday money and the random times during the year my aunts send me money). I take pretty good photographs on my cheap digital one, but I want to take it a step further. Any recommendations?

akv1984 wrote:Since you guys are photographers, I think you can help me out with this.

I want to buy a good quality camera that I can easily save up money for (I don't have a job, so I have to rely on birthday money and the random times during the year my aunts send me money). I take pretty good photographs on my cheap digital one, but I want to take it a step further. Any recommendations?
Price range, and do want a DSLR or build in lens camera?

CrazyEight wrote:
akv1984 wrote:Since you guys are photographers, I think you can help me out with this.

Price range, and do want a DSLR or build in lens camera?
Price range-$200-400
Since I'm fairly new to this, I want to start out with a built in lens camera.

Price range-$200-400
I'd recommend this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6 ... 8B001.html

I've used it before, although it looks funky it captures pretty good images. You'll be able to print full size sheets with out much pixilation, and for things like Facebook it has more then enough resolution.

CrazyEight wrote:
Price range-$200-400
I'd recommend this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6 ... 8B001.html

I've used it before, although it looks funky it captures pretty good images. You'll be able to print full size sheets with out much pixilation, and for thing like Facebook it has more then enough resolution.
Ooh! Pretty colors!

So you've told me the pros, what are the cons?

Ooh! Pretty colors!

* It has limited zoom (3x I believe), but it's not that bad unless your planning on wanting close ups from far distances...

* It's not very quick, so you can't just press the button and then put the camera down instantly, you have to give it a few seconds.

That's pretty much the only complaints I have for it.

You can read a more detailed review here: http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras ... 29078.html

After some classes...

CrazyEight wrote:
Ooh! Pretty colors!

* It has limited zoom (3x I believe), but it's not that bad unless your planning on wanting close ups from far distances...

* It's not very quick, so you can't just press the button and then put the camera down instantly, you have to give it a few seconds.

That's pretty much the only complaints I have for it.

You can read a more detailed review here: http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras ... 29078.html
Thanks! Doesn't seem that bad at all.

I felt like taking pictures of cards today...

Further experimentation with Exposure 3 software.