NolanFans Celebri-Tea Thread!

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
natalie wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 10:07 am
Artemis wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 10:00 am
Chastain's post did make me cringe, but if Chastain regularly talks about RBG and other figures around her daughter, her daughter recognizing her is not out of the blue.
No, it's not.
Yeah I was just thinking of this post! And like if kids can recognize Dora and her backpack they can recognize someone like RBG if they are exposed to her likeness enough.

natalie wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Chastain's post did make me cringe, but if Chastain regularly talks about RBG and other figures around her daughter, her daughter recognizing her is not out of the blue.
No, it's not.
This post is even more embarrassing. Calling politicians like Hilary Clinton and Kamala Harris “superheroes” is weird as fuck (both have done many fucked up things) and having your child have dolls of them makes it even more weird.

Well, when I was four or five, I would watch The longest day and other war films, that made me think that Eisenhower or other key figures were real heroes. And as I grew up, I later learned how much America bombed European's citizen.
It is important to teach children the complexity of the world, but not when they're too young.

Allstar wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 5:31 pm
natalie wrote:
Artemis wrote:
No, it's not.
This post is even more embarrassing. Calling politicians like Hilary Clinton and Kamala Harris “superheroes” is weird as fuck (both have done many fucked up things) and having your child have dolls of them makes it even more weird.
Yeah I don't think anyone here is approving of her kid having dolls of imperialists, we're just saying a two year old recognizing RBG isn't out of the realm of possibility.

It’s not possible but it’s really strange regardless. Anyway, R.I.P. RBG.

All these Marvel actors defending Chris Pratt because of the “one has to go” twitter meme but barely any of them defended Brie Larson when she was getting worse hate. Smh. Don Cheadle is a real one for defending her.

Guess they’re jealous of her Oscar and billion dollar grossing solo movie.

It was also pointed out that the DC cast supported and Zachary Levi even defended her too.

what is going on with Pratt? Is it about hunting wildlife?

Nomis wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 5:50 am
what is going on with Pratt? Is it about hunting wildlife?
On Twitter someone posted pics of the Chrises, Pine, Evans, Hemsworth, and Pratt. The caption said "one has to go." Pratt started trending because he was the one people chose to go.

He's being defended over a dumb Twitter joke.

It's a hard choice, though. I like all of them equally. I couldn't really give you my favorite either.

LelekPL wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 9:04 am
It's a hard choice, though. I like all of them equally. I couldn't really give you my favorite either.
Clearly, it wasn't too hard a choice if people unanimously chose Pratt :lol: