Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
wow so tenet sucks huh

Ruth wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:48 pm
wow so tenet sucks huh
the whole subforum is a comedy of meltdowns and delusion. they're all so dumb Ruth. truly hilarious stuff.

personally im excited as fuck, but a 20% on RT wouldn't change that either. These folks can't handle it.

-Vader

Anyone in the U.S. actually going to see it? I'm not really feeling being in a theater (at whatever capacity) given the current situation. It's really depressing to miss out on a Nolan film for the first time in well over a decade. I hope it releases for home viewing soon.

People keep going on about the "humorless" critique but maybe actually read the article or maybe watch the movie first?

But yeah 87% on RT within the first 30 reviews is good.
BroskiSabor wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 2:02 pm
Anyone in the U.S. actually going to see it? I'm not really feeling being in a theater (at whatever capacity) given the current situation. It's really depressing to miss out on a Nolan film for the first time in well over a decade. I hope it releases for home viewing soon.
I'm seeing it at a drive in theater

Vader182 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:54 pm
Ruth wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 1:48 pm
wow so tenet sucks huh
the whole subforum is a comedy of meltdowns and delusion. they're all so dumb Ruth. truly hilarious stuff.

personally im excited as fuck, but a 20% on RT wouldn't change that either. These folks can't handle it.

-Vader
yeah the criticisms so far actually make me MORE excited. rarely anyone is actually calling it a terrible film, but it seems to be pretty complex, weirder and least accessible of his films. like i’m sorry but that makes me extremely curious

Exactly. Finally, a Nolan movie that isn't instantly beloved by all. I cannot wait.

m4st4 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Exactly. Finally, a Nolan movie that isn't instantly beloved by all. I cannot wait.
Finally? TDKR and Interstellar were pretty divisive from the jump.

think m4 knows that bro but also, why do we forget prestige is sitting at mid 70s

nolan only has a couple universally loved movies

-Vader

Artemis wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 2:27 pm
I'm seeing it at a drive in theater
Are you worried about the sound quality? I haven't been to a drive-in in years, but from what I remember it wasn't great.

ChristNolan wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 2:54 pm
m4st4 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Finally? TDKR and Interstellar were pretty divisive from the jump.
Hm, were they? I have a bad memory then. Always though they were retroactively disliked by some. But yeah I know Interstellar was always a mixed bag so to speak.

Idk with Tenet it looks like it's going to be the most Nolan movie so far, so people will either love that shit or say nah I'm fine.

Already bought three tickets in the middle of pandemic and upwards curve here so fuck everything else.