Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I was reading 4 books a week and then school started and now it's tough to find time to read at that pace. But at least school gives me something to do and is a good time pass.

Only movie I saw in theaters in the last month (which had been months since the last one) was Waves, which was a fucking great movie, recommended

so do i allow myself to get excited again or

Ruth wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 1:55 pm
so do i allow myself to get excited again or
Yes... Definitely...Perhaps...Maybe.

I believe this could be it, it is what it is with covid around the world and now the cinemas will try to co-live with it as well.

I am mentally preparing to go back to school in September, we'll probably wear a mask and all, which will be hilarious in classes.

It rubs me the wrong way to see how the very American centric narrative just expects international cinemas to just... die along with the US. Just cuz, tbh. Now I absolutely understand the severity of the situation, and frankly, it’s lend itself to the perfect solution simply not existing. I feel like we were in for a backlash or possible theater bankruptcy either way. There’s just no way to win with this year. And who knows what else could happen. But the number of people simply brushing aside the rest of the world is such an odd feeling.

Yeah.

"I'd rather see it without a mask in a full theater next year." - and how is that supposed to happen when theaters are shut down that long or left without any new content to show? Okay, so AMC got help, what about other chains? What about other theaters all over the world?

So, you might be living somewhere with loads of options for you to say screw it, let the current system we know die. But not everyone around the world has the same options as you. It's completely selfish.

The world is not just the US.
Last edited by Tarssauce on July 27th, 2020, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saw exclusionist comments on reddit asking why international cinemas can’t be watching their own movies, as if the rest of us simply do not deserve new quality content. I get the frustration and negativity, a lot of us have gone through those feelings, and honestly, may have to go through them again, but this is honestly kind of disheartening.

Also the number of people in the US who were fine with Tenet releasing in July back in early spring when Europe was struggling really bad, are now demanding this be delayed to next year.

Well, it is another topic of discussion how international cinemas are so dependent on Hollywood productions - but of all movies, Tenet seems to be a movie that is made for the entire world not just America. I’m not gonna lie I get a kick out of the idea that (hopefully) we’ll get to see Tenet before US audiences. I had to wait an entire week to see Dunkirk.

But the difference between the US and the international release dates is one week. That’s not bad at all. If things don’t get better by then, will they ever?

Holy shit, Croatia is actually in the first Tenet wave, August 26th.

So I’ll have to go completely off the internet for a week. Not a bad thing, honestly