Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Innovator wrote:
I mean, it's just an opinion, even if a strange one. This is the type of stuff that is actually embarrassing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=500
Jesus. I kind of want someone from his circle or even Nolan himself to address Brexit and all of the relating bullshit, because some people are totally trying to turn Dunkirk to "fuck yea Brexit" thing lmfao. I mean. Isn't it... kind of ironic? Idk.

Imagine if they would have deleted those posts. We couldn't have had a laugh over here. /s

Ruth wrote:
Innovator wrote:
I mean, it's just an opinion, even if a strange one. This is the type of stuff that is actually embarrassing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=500
Jesus. I kind of want someone from his circle or even himself to address Brexit and all of the relating bullshit, because some people are totally trying to turn Dunkirk to "fuck yea Brexit" thing lmfao. I mean. Isn't it... kind of ironic? Idk.
They are, and that's one the reasons why I said in the other thread that they are painting Nolan as someone I'm sure he's not. It's kind of infuriating to read, because I usually really like reading that forum.

Sorry if I'm going off-topic in here. :lol:

Innovator wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Innovator wrote: I mean, it's just an opinion, even if a strange one. This is the type of stuff that is actually embarrassing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=500
Jesus. I kind of want someone from his circle or even himself to address Brexit and all of the relating bullshit, because some people are totally trying to turn Dunkirk to "fuck yea Brexit" thing lmfao. I mean. Isn't it... kind of ironic? Idk.
They are, and that's one the reasons why I said in the other thread that they are painting Nolan as someone I'm sure he's not. It's kind of infuriating to read, because I usually really like reading that forum.

Yeah. Which is why he maybe should address it after all. Damn it, this movie is really untimely in a way.

I've just glanced through a couple of articles lol. Idk what to think lol. I'm curious what the rest of the people associated with the film (for example the cast, especially the younger ones) think of this, since I remember so many young artists very openly pleading to vote remain.

Are you people being serious.

Ruth wrote:
Innovator wrote:
Ruth wrote:Jesus. I kind of want someone from his circle or even himself to address Brexit and all of the relating bullshit, because some people are totally trying to turn Dunkirk to "fuck yea Brexit" thing lmfao. I mean. Isn't it... kind of ironic? Idk.

Yeah. Which is why he maybe should address it after all. Damn it, this movie is really untimely in a way.

I've just glanced through a couple of articles lol. Idk what to think lol. I'm curious what the rest of the people associated with the film (for example the cast, especially the younger ones) think of this, since I remember so many young artists very openly pleading to vote remain.
I don't even think he needs to address it, it hasn't been made as much of a big deal as I thought it was going to be before the movie was released. I just wish more people were aware of the casting struggles, for example, or even his political views (even if they don't and shouldn't have anything to do with his work) before spewing stuff like that. In this case, it's like they are trying to find reasons to hate or something.

I know I'm putting too much importance into it, but still, it's a thing that bothers me.

admiral ramsay planned dunkirk evacuation so that decades later nolan can make a movie about brits running out of europe which in turn would serve as analogy for brexit. what a legend.

Innovator, I didn't really mean it as addressing the articles or comparisons to Brexit, more like... has he ever said anything about Brexit in general lol? Like unrelated to this film. I know zero about his political views (bc I always kind of assumed he's okay lol) which is why I mentioned it.

@Pratham, I think you're kind of oversimplifying this with your joke. Like I've seen a pic of Farage advocating everyone to watch Dunkirk lol because it feeds into their "Dunkirk spirit" fantasy of the British "uniting", running away and standing alone against the big bad that is Europe rn (lol) and eventually ending up on the winning side. Idk lol :lol:

Ruth wrote:Innovator, I didn't really mean it as addressing the articles or comparisons to Brexit, more like... has he ever said anything about Brexit in general lol? Like unrelated to this film. I know zero about his political views (bc I always kind of assumed he's okay lol) which is why I mentioned it.
In a way, it's for the best that he hasn't addressed his stance on Brexit because in this day and age, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't agree with it. On his political views, I'm also just guessing, but we know that he supported Obama in 2012 and was at the Women's March in January, so you're right in assuming he's okay lol.

Nolan is old school. He keeps his political views to himself.