Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
LOL I've only seen the theatrical cut :D
Last edited by Tarssauce on April 1st, 2018, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Virgo wrote:
April 1st, 2018, 11:22 am
Well, when all of your passions are for old stuff, and you unreasonably reject most everything new, then no.

I mean the guy prefers the happy ending cut of Blade Runner. What the hell would you call that?£
ugh what a pleb

I finally got to see Chris Nolan in person :D :D :D and I'd be grateful to FHF organizers for that.

Tacita and Chris are extremely passionate about film. And even though we know that, watching him make a case for survival and even re-discovery of film was a joy to watch. Throughout the session, it became clear that unless movie fans band together to express their desire for watching films, economics/money guys/market forces would make it an uphill and lost battle for the likes of Nolan and Tarantino.

A key point of this talk was that it's not about film vs. digital or reversing the wheel of time, but co-existence of film and digital together offering people a choice.

Unfortunately, presence of Nolan meant Tacita was sidelined. And I'd be first to admit that I had not heard of her before the event. Image But it was very interesting to hear someone not from the movie industry make their case for the film.

In the final leg of the session, CEO of Kodak, Mr. Jeff Clarke joined in to talk about Kodak's plans to support film by ensuring the complete pipeline is available to whoever looking to use film.

That being said, the session was little over 2 hours long. And the host, Mr. Dungarpur, not only didn't know how to balance between his guests, he interrupted his guests couple of times. It was advertised as a free-flowing talk FFS!

All in all, it was a good fucking Easter for me.

Pratham wrote:
April 2nd, 2018, 1:56 pm
I finally got to see Chris Nolan in person :D :D :D and I'd be grateful to FHF organizers for that.

Tacita and Chris are extremely passionate about film. And even though we know that, watching him make a case for survival and even re-discovery of film was a joy to watch. Throughout the session, it became clear that unless movie fans band together to express their desire for watching films, economics/money guys/market forces would make it an uphill and lost battle for the likes of Nolan and Tarantino.

A key point of this talk was that it's not about film vs. digital or reversing the wheel of time, but co-existence of film and digital together offering people a choice.

Unfortunately, presence of Nolan meant Tacita was sidelined. And I'd be first to admit that I had not heard of her before the event. Image But it was very interesting to hear someone not from the movie industry make their case for the film.

In the final leg of the session, CEO of Kodak, Mr. Jeff Clarke joined in to talk about Kodak's plans to support film by ensuring the complete pipeline is available to whoever looking to use film.

That being said, the session was little over 2 hours long. And the host, Mr. Dungarpur, not only didn't know how to balance between his guests, he interrupted his guests couple of times. It was advertised as a free-flowing talk FFS!

All in all, it was a good fucking Easter for me.
Hey, Pratham.

Fuck you dude.

The IRS chose my tax return for random review and they won't give me my refund until May.

Ugh. This is so annoying.

What the fuck Prath, I thought you were, like, at the end of the world or something, with zero chance to see Christ Nolan in person... so now I have to hate you instead of adore you because you’re objectively a great human bean.