Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
RIFA wrote:You know r/niceguys is a place filled with a bunch of perverts and weirdos right?

I mean what nice guy actually thinks that about himself? That's like the first red flag.
lmfao he's not from there. His behavior belongs though, which is what I meant. Oh he's suuuuuUUuuCh a gentleman lmao

RIFA wrote:You know r/niceguys is a place filled with a bunch of perverts and weirdos right?

I mean what nice guy actually thinks that about himself? That's like the first red flag.
It's not a convention of "nice guys" rifa, it's just a place where you can point and laugh at them.

I feel like I should have already known about this, but I found out last night that the southern section of the San Andreas fault (which is the section that, according to the USGS, is overdue for an earthquake of a magnitude of 7.8 or more) runs pretty much directly underneath my fucking house. A house that is in no way, shape, or form, built to withstand a big quake.

So that's always good information to know.

You better move lol

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:I feel like I should have already known about this, but I found out last night that the southern section of the San Andreas fault (which is the section that, according to the USGS, is overdue for an earthquake of a magnitude of 7.8 or more) runs pretty much directly underneath my fucking house. A house that is in no way, shape, or form, built to withstand a big quake.

So that's always good information to know.

That's honestly scary as hell... How did you find out though?

Willem wrote:That's honestly scary as hell... How did you find out though?
Somehow I got to looking up earthquakes last night, read up on the San Andreas fault, found out the southern section runs through the Cajon Pass which is a section of Interstate 15 that connects the Inland Empire to the High Desert ( a route I've driven hundreds of times). From there it travels south between San Bernadino and Riverside, which is where I live. Then from there runs a bit east out to Palm Springs, then south to the Salton Sea where it ends.

California for you.

Had one hell of a week and a half. And I'm not just talking about my vacation. Well, rather talking about what happened during it.

I don't want to go too into detail about it because it's very personal. But I've been dealing with a lot of issues lately and I was pretty anxious leading up to this trip, plus I was largely paranoid because a) it would be the first vacation I've been on without my parents and b) it would be with a brother of mine (let's call him M), who has had a history of anger management problems. Everyone assured me, my parents included, that he had changed, and he wouldn't dare to lose his temper in front of his son who would be with us.

Halfway through the trip, I'm stuck having to plead with him to calm down, his fist just a few inches from my face as he threatened to toss me out of the car in the middle of a desert. His son in the backseat watching.

It wasn't a pleasant experience, and I haven't been too active lately because of it. Just haven't been in the mood. I'm back home now though and glad to be away from him. Now I just wanna rest and breathe.

SDCC was all right. Was stuck waiting in line in the sun for three hours just to pick up the badge, and the staff at the convention center were quite rude. Talked to some previous attendees and they all said it was much better managed in past years. Only panel I attended was the one for the Mask of The Phantasm remaster.

I could only get a badge for the Thursday, but did do some stuff outside of the convention center on Friday. Checked out Netflix's little exhibit they had set out for Defenders, Bright and Stranger Things which was fun, and the whole spirit outside of the convention itself felt like a festival that just took over the whole district. Also attended Conan's last recording for his comic con specials of the week, which was great. He has an unbelievable amount of energy.

thats fucking scary

This is one of the most terrifying things I have ever seen.