Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
well, i deleted twitter so i wouldn't have to read the drama/nonsense that i read in the joker thread, but here we are

it's really easy to be mean and misunderstand ppl on the internet; plus, it's allowed idiots to post the crap that they have in regards to a movie (which, as solo pointed out, likely won't even begin to approach the impact Kubrick's film had). i like m4, and maybe he deserved the ban for the personal attacks, but maybe look in the mirror and don't antagonize/gang up on ppl just because it's the internet and it's easy

if you look at the first few pages it feels to me like he's being provoked, he doesn't directly insult anyone until days later after everyone has piled on

m4 does have a tendency do get irrational about films he likes, which his first post could have been interpreted as, but it seems to me like he just didnt undefstand the gamer memes. in either case i dont feel the responses to his posts were warranted

i'm not innocent i either i did nothing to diffuse the situation

Lesson of the day. Next time someone goes off and starts attacking another member as a regular habbit, don't call them on it. Otherwise you are big bad bullies who are ganging up on the poor soul.

Hillarious stuff.

i didnt see attacks

Oh yeah? What do you call this? Poor cornered m4 defending himself against evil mob of NF led by Artemis?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33977&start=610#p1208506

Throwing a snarky comment regarding someone's real life situation. How much lower than that should he go before you call that an attack. Calling her a stray cat or paranoid doesn't count either I guess huh? What did we even say to him other than that there has been a pattern to his behaviour over the years. Which is a fact.

crazy town was referring to their dialogue not artemis. and if you know he can't handle it why prod him?

Was it really crazy town though? Seems to me he can’t admit he was wrong and misread so he doubled down....a lot.

I’m just glad I stayed out of this one for the most part.

So let me get this straight... It all started with Artemis posting jokes about some gamer memes, which m4 didn't get it (I don't blame him, I had to google what that is) and wrote a completely neutral post not understanding what the hell is going on. Then everybody started insinuating he should take a "chill pill" or "chill the fuck out" and he said that Artemis was "depressed troll posting" (which even she admitted she was, well, troll posting, not the depressed part) and he got banned? That's it? Or did somebody delete some "vicious, angry post" that was made?

At the end of the day we need good moderators who aren't clueless and handle these situations, which we have, and that's good enough.

I still remember how solo2001 defended a post entirely filled with hatred spewing insults during my time as a mod and called it self defence lol.

Of course to him this is nothing compared to that.