Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Nomis wrote:no real friends at college?
I got plenty of good friends here. I'm well liked and people find me funny and whatever, but my #1 guys are my hometown friends by a considerable margin. I'm a very friend-group oriented guy, and I don't really have that group of #1 guys/gals here like I do at home.

Not anymore at least.

#fucksophmoreyear
Quality time at home then :thumbup:

Pratham wrote:
akv1984 wrote:There's a new girl at work.

Of course I stuttered over my fucking name when introducing myself, gave a weak handshake, and forgot to stand up from my chair when I greeted her.

Business etiquette is so fucking exhausting.
is she cute?
lol yeah she's pretty.

I'm just super weird in business situations. Last month the president of a mortgage lender came to speak to us. He tried to shake my hand and I was eating a taco. Dude backs away and goes "Maybe later." :lol:

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
I got plenty of good friends here. I'm well liked and people find me funny and whatever, but my #1 guys are my hometown friends by a considerable margin. I'm a very friend-group oriented guy, and I don't really have that group of #1 guys/gals here like I do at home.

Not anymore at least.

#fucksophmoreyear
Totally feel this. Certain people I know didn't have strong bonds in high school and are prospering in college but people with the opposite situation seem to struggle. Those bonds breaking from high school hurts.

Bacon wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:

Not anymore at least.

#fucksophmoreyear
Totally feel this. Certain people I know didn't have strong bonds in high school and are prospering in college but people with the opposite situation seem to struggle. Those bonds breaking from high school hurts.
Yeah. I made a really conscious effort to be the glue of hometown friend group and keep everyone together once we all split, something that was pretty successful. And I won't even take all the credit for it. We're all very close as is.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Bacon wrote: Totally feel this. Certain people I know didn't have strong bonds in high school and are prospering in college but people with the opposite situation seem to struggle. Those bonds breaking from high school hurts.
Yeah. I made a really conscious effort to be the glue of hometown friend group and keep everyone together once we all split, something that was pretty successful. And I won't even take all the credit for it. We're all very close as is.
Yeah, my relationship with my group hasn't faded very much at all, I just have to deal with large amounts of time without seeing them and recharging my social batteries.

Honestly, I would say despite a lack of seeing and daily talking, a lot of my hometown friendships have gotten stronger. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I think it's because in high school things were kind of easy but now that life is pegging us with no lube one at a time, we've kind of learned to be there for each other (gay)

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Honestly, I would say despite a lack of seeing and daily talking, a lot of my hometown friendships have gotten stronger. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I think it's because in high school things were kind of easy but now that life is pegging us with no lube one at a time, we've kind of learned to be there for each other (gay)
Plus the times that you do spend together matter more since you're not seeing them every single day.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Honestly, I would say despite a lack of seeing and daily talking, a lot of my hometown friendships have gotten stronger. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I think it's because in high school things were kind of easy but now that life is pegging us with no lube one at a time, we've kind of learned to be there for each other (gay)
braked's been spending too much time on prequelmemes

Basically the greatest thing ever: