Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Apparently a screenwriter dug up the interview. They could have been doing research for a script and did a deep dive in the research process.

Artemis wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Apparently a screenwriter dug up the interview. They could have been doing research for a script and did a deep dive in the research process.
No, I know, I was just making fun of the situation.

My friend's comment on this whole John Wayne thing
BROKE: John Wayne being a white supremacist
WOKE: All of John Wayne’s wives being Latina

i simply thought everyone already knew this

Artemis wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 2:23 pm
With all due respect, your friend seems to be an ignorant person on the subject of racism.£

Master Virgo wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 2:51 pm
Artemis wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 2:23 pm
With all due respect, your friend seems to be an ignorant person on the subject of racism.£
She's Latina herself and she said this jokingly. I thought it was funny.

His first wife is white though. Dunno about the others, I just googled lol. Latinos can be of all races

but yeah it is a bit surprising people are so outraged now, as if this wasn’t all very easily available info on the internet. It doesn’t matter he’s been dead for decades though, such stuff shouldn’t be conveniently forgotten just cuz he’s a western icon

Ruth wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 3:20 pm
His first wife is white though. Dunno about the others, I just googled lol. Latinos can be of all races

but yeah it is a bit surprising people are so outraged now, as if this wasn’t all very easily available info on the internet. It doesn’t matter he’s been dead for decades though, such stuff shouldn’t be conveniently forgotten just cuz he’s a western icon
His first wife is from Spain and I think people from Spain sometimes get mixed in with the Latinx folks.

I just thought her joke was funny and wanted to share lol.

I do agree with you though. It is pretty common knowledge. I think there are a lot of real life things to worry about than whatever John Wayne said in the past.

Master Virgo wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 12:48 pm
So odd that people are only now starting to realise that John Wayne was human trash.£

Why is it so difficult to write a (short) convincing motivation for applying to filmschool... I only have 250 words to explain why I want to study at their school. :cry: