Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Tarssauce wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 3:57 pm
Thank you. That’s really smartest thing to do since all the good job positions require some experience. I only went to school because my family pressured me into it so I’m not looking forward to working in the field I studied in. But I can apply some of the managerial concepts I learned into my personal work, which is why I majored in MIS.
College was never not an option for me. That's what my family wanted for me, and I honestly had very few skill sets upon graduating high school that I could have applied to a decent-paying job. When I went into college I had no idea what I wanted to do, so I essentially just picked something that I thought I could be okay at. It was tough sitting through classes where everyone else seemed passionate about what they were doing.

Although I know that my career will never be my main passion, gaining some experience in the field before devoting myself to it for the rest of my life has really helped. I'm trying to be positive about the career path I chose, telling myself that it will work out. I struggle with anxiety, but have been doing great lately. The thing that scares me the most is falling back into it once I have an actual career.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. Life after college can be stressful, especially when you aren't confident about what you want to do with your life and especially when you aren't eager to start work in the field you studied. And then there's pressure from loved ones. It's hard. But things will always work out in the end.

ded :lol: :clap:

Lol amazing thread! RiRi and Indian food, name a more iconic duo!

TIL there's such thing as ' Miss Hitler' beauty pageant.

Kudos to the moderator who decided that racism is not important enough to have its own thread and it starts and ends with Trump.

Good job buddy. :thumbup:

Master Virgo wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 10:42 am
Kudos to the moderator who decided that racism is not important enough to have its own thread and it starts and ends with Trump.

Good job buddy. :thumbup:
This is wrong and I don’t know why that decision was made. I can make a new thread and place the posts from it back into a separate thread, or you can go ahead and make it again.

In hindsight I can imagine people thinking why a thread isn’t necessary since for the most part we’ve discussed racism in the trumpocalypse thread but I do think racial injustice def warrants its own thread. Sorry.

At about 3 AM this morning, a skunk sprayed in my backyard (at the dog probably) and the odor nuked the whole house. It was so bad my nostrils felt like they were on fire. I febrezed the shit out of the hallway, but that only worked for about a minute. I can still smell the skunk somewhat. GACK!

Nolan/WB needs to delay Tenet. This is just sad. Smh. Nolan doesn’t need to be the savior of theaters...sigh. Not trying to stir the pot with this post, it’s genuinely how I feel.

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 9:27 pm
Nolan/WB needs to delay Tenet. This is just sad. Smh. Nolan doesn’t need to be the savior of theaters...sigh. Not trying to stir the pot with this post, it’s genuinely how I feel.
Most states are either opened or reopening. The Governor of NJ is marching with thousands of people but giving tickets to others congregating in groups more than 10. It's either all or nothing at this point.