Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Okay so plans for now is to see the film on September 5th early in the morning.

Will be wearing a mask and a face shield as well and gloves.

so i booked imax tickets for inception and i know AMC is 30% capacity and the screening is now “sold out”

they claim there’s enough distance between rows, but the system doesn’t force you to pick every other seat it just “suggests” it. i picked seats not really close to anyone but have no idea if it will still look like that when we go. if it’s 30% capacity i hope we can just move to an empty part of the theater

also, do we have any clue who’s getting imax prints of tenet?

Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 9:55 pm
so i booked imax tickets for inception and i know AMC is 30% capacity and the screening is now “sold out”

they claim there’s enough distance between rows, but the system doesn’t force you to pick every other seat it just “suggests” it. i picked seats not really close to anyone but have no idea if it will still look like that when we go. if it’s 30% capacity i hope we can just move to an empty part of the theater

also, do we have any clue who’s getting imax prints of tenet?
I did a thread on this issue here:

It's a total god damn mess, tbh.

-Vader

Lol, if you wanna hear about the mess, how about our local Cinestar not enforcing masks, distancing or no food rule? It's a free for all here. Only their staff will be under measures, customers are optional. I don't feel too hyped tbh.

I just wanna see the movie and crawl in my bed for weeks until maybe Wonder Woman.

No wait I can't do that, going back to school, mask on and all.

thanks for the the link Vader - don’t know how i missed that on twitter haha

what a mess. all i want to do is support theaters and go back to the movies, but this is infuriating. how hard is it to just put the computer settings in to keep a buffer between people? the max number they can have in the auditorium is already reduced by 70% so it’s not like they’re going to lose more ticket sales

i’m back in philly from living with my family during quarantine, and i’m not exactly high risk, nor is my roommate, so we’ll just move if we have to, but if i was a little older and more at risk this would freak me out (it does anyways) - so much for “safe” reopening.

Thank god we live on the outskirts of Atlanta so large crowds aren’t much of a worry. We’re going to see the Inception re-release this weekend, so I’m not anticipating many people there. I’m fine with wearing a mask during the film, I’m not one to eat while at the theater.

It’s just nice to finally go back to a theater again.

I cannot believe.

I'm seeing Tenet In seven days.