Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
comedy peaked in 2011

That was all make believe right? I chuckled once.

This forum got so quiet...

Been feeling down for various reasons and I had the biggest urge to just disappear so I deleted Instagram and Twitter. First two days were terrible - I spent (waisted) so much time on those two apps it’s crazy.

Today is the third day and I feel so much better. Went back to reading a book I started a YEAR ago and I’m almost done with it! A book about Psychology ironically. I’ll try to fill my time with other useful activities too.

Social media and dating apps are so extremely damaging to me and I should’ve realized that sooner. Gonna start using email and Whatsapp for contact lol.

Never has this place died so quickly after a new Nolan film. Place became a ghost town virtually one month after Tenet released.

And even the Tenet sub forum gets like a single post now and then. Maybe that’ll change next month.

This place has been steadily dying since like 2018 tbh. Members are probably more or less moving on with their lives, and the forum hasn’t attracted more new people. Nolan’s movie subs always go through phases of activity and inactivity, and most newcomers who come don’t venture out of those subs, so the Lounge was always mostly reserved for the rest of us. But even the lounge is dead now. It’s mostly political updates now. I cannot remember the last time I had a conversation on here. Most of the times it doesn’t even feel worth it to log in when you know 8/10 times no one’s going to respond to your posts. Idk what the solution is. I talk to some members on PMs on a semi regular basis, and have others on other social media platforms (the ones I don’t are welcome to reach out lol). It would be sad to lose this place, but I guess all things come to an end some day. I don’t think forums are as popular as they used to be.

The solution is to convince Nolan to release films more frequently.

It’s a shame that people are losing their interest in forums. I find them much more pleasant than social media (in general). Most new members only came here for bootlegs - they left soon after. Also, Reddit kinda stole the show.

I’d also like to stay in contact with most members here outside of this place. I’m on a social media hiatus but still...

Reddit killed the forums. Which is a shame because I very much prefer the old Internet and forums are last relics of that era.

Pratham wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 1:21 am
Reddit killed the forums. Which is a shame because I very much prefer the old Internet and forums are last relics of that era.
But we are still here?

We're minority brah. Now everyone's on Reddit. From casual gamers to KPop fans to bonsai enthusiasts and everyone in between.