Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
So I wrote a high school spin on Sherlock (it ain’t no Moffat) and my fabulous young performers are going to represent our district on a state level, includes a three day road trip for all of us. Fuck yeah. And we celebrated by drinking from BR2049 glasses.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
February 15th, 2018, 2:29 pm
Bacon wrote:
February 15th, 2018, 3:30 am
How do you make friends in a college where everyone is starkly different than you
if you noticed by how everyone gave you a totally different answer theres not a 'right' way that you're missing out on.

my advice would be stop thinking everyone is starkly different than you cause it's clearly not true, and sets a dangerous precedent.
Along those lines, "you're not special" is something I've taken to heart.

Also, I guess everyone gave a different answer cuz it's a reflection of their individual experiences.

For example Law said to stop being a bitch, which means being a bitch is probably something he struggles with everyday, poor guy.

m4st4 wrote:
February 15th, 2018, 4:47 pm
(it ain’t no Moffat)
Well thank fuck for that. I'd sent it over to the BBC sharpish.

This has been bugging me for so long so I think I should just spill it.

A few days ago my dad was being super annoying about marriage. He was like "What if we find you a nice Indian boy from a good family?" I kept telling him no because my parents have such shit taste in dudes. Then my dad was like "Oh so you'll just date guys like your friend John?" And it was really annoying because if I wanted to date my friend John, I'd be dating him. But he's my friend because like I don't want to date him. And he doesn't want to date me either. Like we work as friends.

It just annoyed me so much. And I think the emphasis on finding an Indian dude annoyed me too. Because like no Indian guy has ever approached me or ever wanted to date me. So like I don't even think Indian guys really like me too much.

I think what bothered me overall is that he had to put my friend John down so much. Like John had to take a break from school to work on his problems and right now he's working at Target and plans to finish up his degree once he saves up enough. And like that is a good thing. He is bettering himself and he's being productive. But he's apparently a failure in my parents eyes because he didn't finish his degree.

What makes me even more mad is that sometimes my mom talks about me on Facebook and she'll go "Ayesha did this thing with her high school friend who is so close to our heart" and it makes me sick because then my dad shit talks him. And sometimes I feel like my parents keep asking me questions about my friends so that they have someone to roast.

I just don't answer their questions but my mom tries to guilt trip me and goes "We ask because they are your friends and if you care about them we care about them."

Ugh, I can't wait to get enough money so that I can move out of here in the next year or two.

Abusive parents are the absolute worst. Had one kid in the drama group recently: excellent singing voice, beautiful inside-out, lots of potential... and her father is an orthodox, religious, ubercontrolling freak who clearly pushes her away from striving in any particular way because her family is generally... overprotective and shielded from the outside? I’d say fucked up, more like. Sorry, but you can’t slow down the natural social and intelectual progress of your children, dear parents, you just can’t.

The greatest gift my parents gave me was freedom of choice and exploration.

browser extensions in 3...2...

May 13, 2010.

Artemis wrote:
February 16th, 2018, 12:00 pm
Because like no Indian guy has ever approached me or ever wanted to date me. So like I don't even think Indian guys really like me too much.
It might be The Big Sick situation where everyone's trying to get away from culture of their parents.

Tbh I've only ever asked my mom once out of curiosity what she would think if I ended up having a serious relationship with someone of a different ethnicity or race.

She said she doesn't give a shit. I totally believe her