Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I had an itch... that needed scratching.

Going to see Tenet for the 2nd time this weekend. Local cinema, reserved seating with social distancing.

Main reason? Just want to hear R-Patt saying 'don' t be so dramatic' on the big screen again.

m4st4 wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 3:12 am

Going to see Tenet for the 2nd time this weekend. Local cinema, reserved seating with social distancing.

Main reason? Just want to hear R-Patt saying 'don' t be so dramatic' on the big screen again.
hope it plays like gangbusters for you this time, dude. Going in about 36 hours.

-Vader

for what it’s worth, i liked it the first time and i really liked it more the second time yesterday

Vader182 wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 3:20 am
m4st4 wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 3:12 am

hope it plays like gangbusters for you this time, dude. Going in about 36 hours.

-Vader
Good sound, all I want is a good sound that won't break my ear drums and compel me to write a letter to management in hope of salvation for future waves of moviegoers.

And sure, perhaps even a better time as a whole. Same as yourself, Ruth.

*oh yeah, and Mulan is reserved for September 10th.

So my eardrums were hurt the next day because the theater sound was shit or was the movie's audio just 'too forward thinking'?! Lol.

Frankthetank wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 12:01 am
Artemis wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 12:40 pm
My dad got in my ear and basically fear mongered me into cancelling my Tenet ticket. I guess I'll just see it at a drive in and see it at an empty showing later in the month.

I just hate this. I've been looking forward to this movie for so long and I can't even see it properly or see it with a clear mind of knowing that I won't get COVID.

I won't have insurance after August 31st since I'm being dropped from the family plan so maybe it's for the best.

I just hate all this so much.
I feel you on that one :lol: . In all seriousness losing your health insurance in the midst of the worst pandemic in a century is just not good for my anxiety I didn’t know I had.
Well, at least my drive in experience was really good! I didn't have the sound problems I thought I would have and I'm thankful for that!

Will def be going to the drive in for the rest of the year now.

Not having insurance at the moment still sucks though and open enrollment starts on November 1st for 2021 plans. I need to live very carefully until then.

I honestly think that Tenet was the greatest cinema experience of my life. Note that I didn't say best movie I've ever seen. Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks.

Sandy wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 11:27 pm
I honestly think that Tenet was the greatest cinema experience of my life. Note that I didn't say best movie I've ever seen. Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks.
Man, I am actually hyped to see it again, despite my issues with it.
the strengths still lure me in to come back to it on Saturday.

m4st4 wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 7:39 am
Sandy wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 11:27 pm
Man, I am actually hyped to see it again, despite my issues with it.
the strengths still lure me in to come back to it on Saturday.
Ha, I just saw your spoiler free review post, and we had near opposite views of the movie. Yes, it's Nolan taking all of his strengths and flaws and turning it up to 11---but I happen to think it worked. Minus the middle part lol. Serious spoiler incoming.
The 20-30 minute introduction of Sator had me bored out of my mind, but the car chase and concept behind inversion had me geeking out.
I hope your second viewing is safe and enjoyable and I look forward to what you have to say!

For once, I'd actually like to be a mod here. 🤔

Tenet rewatch inspired me yo.