Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
ChristNolan wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:32 pm
m4st4 wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:07 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 5:43 pm
What a flop!
Financially? Sure.
As a movie, 3 out of five is a solid score my friend, so in my book it wasn't a flop no. Just a tad underwhelming.
Maybe it will be a legit flop for you, who knows. Surprise us with the unexpected.

There was, however, one scene where I was glad we had to wear a mask because I burst out laughing out of the embarrassment and ridiculousness of the montage. I'll just say: sunscreen.
I'm not being remotely serious lol.

Anyhow, I'd be down to do the NFmeter for Tenet if MV isn't. Need a mod to let me know if it needs to be it's own thread or not.
def do a separate thread, the nfmeter stats would probs just get lost in the user review thread

Ruth wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:42 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
Anyhow, I'd be down to do the NFmeter for Tenet if MV isn't. Need a mod to let me know if it needs to be it's own thread or not.
def do a separate thread, the nfmeter stats would probs just get lost in the user review thread
Alright, cool. I'll keep MV's rules intact for consistency as well. For those who qualify (I believe its 50 posts or more) and have already posted their reviews in the User Review thread, they can simply copy/paste their reviews into the NFometer thread with a score assigned to it.

Jokes on anyone who thought Tenet was a sequel. It’s actually a prequel lol.

ChristNolan wrote:
I'm not being remotely serious lol.
I know. Your name is ChristNolan, after all.

See, I can troll as well. 🙃

Forum Pro
Law
I just booked a screening to see this in CT on Aug 31. m4's short review made me a tad nervous but I'm looking forward to the goofy extras. In Nolan I trust
?

Every single cast member was excellent in this, production design and photography, as well as set work, was incredible. It's the scriptwriting, sound mixing and editing that soured the juicy apple for me, so - essentials.

Fallout's clean, precise, easy to follow and yet absolutely megalomaniac direction over this, any day. Hell, Inception eats it for breakfast and burps.

I described it to bros, as we were talking about it going home, Tenet is like Nolan taking all of his faults as a director and making a concept, making a movie around it. And, in my book, it backfired. And often I wondered if anybody near him had the guts to take that script and say look, Chris, this line is just incredibly stupid, cut that shit, please.

When it worked, I was at the edge of my seat, I'd say mid part is the strongest. By the end? Felt that length and peaked at the clock couple times, that's never good.
It's clearly not my favorite Nolan lol.

Ruth & m4 - Want to provide a 1-10 number score of the film for the NFometer? I'm going to start gathering scores today.

ChristNolan wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 9:57 am
Ruth & m4 - Want to provide a 1-10 number score of the film for the NFometer? I'm going to start gathering scores today.
6/10

6/10 for me too

hey guys

I won't post a whole lot on here these coming days. I'll fulfill my mod duties to keep the Tenet spoilers at bay. I had to put down one of my cats yesterday and I'm absolutely devastated.