Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Today I spent around eight hours at one of the main railway stations of Budapest that is expecting thousands of refugees every day this week, and beyond. I thought I'd take part in the volunteer work there which includes the organisation of donations from people all day and the handing out of food, drinks, health and hygiene products, etc... I was kind of running all around between different work stations, helping where I could (with my English, for example), there were many people looking for accomodation, even if temporary, and transport, we were trying to organize this as much as it was possible.

There were really many tens and even hundreds of Hungarians coming up to us asking how they could help, and bringin tons of donations, including food, clothing, etc. Dozens of people offered accomodation and transport possibilities. It was very good to see that this was pretty automatic for everyone there, I think this whole conflict just hits home enough for us to be able to willing to help immediately. It was really good to see this. I came home in the afternoon but there were many new volunteers arriving and planning to stay there for as long as it is needed, but at least until 11pm.

DHOPW42 wrote:
March 1st, 2022, 1:12 pm
Today I spent around eight hours at one of the main railway stations of Budapest that is expecting thousands of refugees every day this week, and beyond. I thought I'd take part in the volunteer work there which includes the organisation of donations from people all day and the handing out of food, drinks, health and hygiene products, etc... I was kind of running all around between different work stations, helping where I could (with my English, for example), there were many people looking for accomodation, even if temporary, and transport, we were trying to organize this as much as it was possible.

There were really many tens and even hundreds of Hungarians coming up to us asking how they could help, and bringin tons of donations, including food, clothing, etc. Dozens of people offered accomodation and transport possibilities. It was very good to see that this was pretty automatic for everyone there, I think this whole conflict just hits home enough for us to be able to willing to help immediately. It was really good to see this. I came home in the afternoon but there were many new volunteers arriving and planning to stay there for as long as it is needed, but at least until 11pm.
Great job! What a wonderful thing to do! This is humanity at its finest.

Allstar wrote:
February 26th, 2022, 11:13 pm
Ruth are you in a similar situation?
Didn't notice this post earlier. I'm from a Baltic country (Lithuania), we're in NATO, for now we have to assume (and hope?) that makes us safe.

My heart is really heavy watching the news everyday and seeing all of this, I cannot imagine how Ukrainians themselves are feeling (and everyone who is living or has been displaced by any kind of conflict in the world). And ultimately, despite all of the help and effort from the world, how alone they must feel fighting this battle for the rest of us while the rest of the world is too scared or helpless to actually put a stop to this. I have no clue what a solution to this could be and it's scary to imagine what Putin and his bitches might resort to when they're pushed into a corner with no way out.

A silver lining is truly seeing how people can come together to help out, even seeing our own members take action, is truly a testament to how good humans can still be. Logistically it would be difficult for me to take trips to the Polish border to help the refugees but I think I'll be looking into volunteering once I'm fully done with covid.

Ruth wrote:
March 9th, 2022, 9:36 pm
Allstar wrote:
February 26th, 2022, 11:13 pm
Ruth are you in a similar situation?
Didn't notice this post earlier. I'm from a Baltic country (Lithuania), we're in NATO, for now we have to assume (and hope?) that makes us safe.

My heart is really heavy watching the news everyday and seeing all of this, I cannot imagine how Ukrainians themselves are feeling (and everyone who is living or has been displaced by any kind of conflict in the world). And ultimately, despite all of the help and effort from the world, how alone they must feel fighting this battle for the rest of us while the rest of the world is too scared or helpless to actually put a stop to this. I have no clue what a solution to this could be and it's scary to imagine what Putin and his bitches might resort to when they're pushed into a corner with no way out.

A silver lining is truly seeing how people can come together to help out, even seeing our own members take action, is truly a testament to how good humans can still be. Logistically it would be difficult for me to take trips to the Polish border to help the refugees but I think I'll be looking into volunteering once I'm fully done with covid.
I’m glad you’re in a NATO country but still must be really anxiety inducing being so close to the conflict in a Baltic state. Just keeping all you guys in my thoughts that are in countries nearby Ukraine especially. But really anyone in the world could be at huge risk if Putin really loses it.

DHOPW42 wrote:
March 1st, 2022, 1:12 pm

This is insanely humble and generous of you and you rule for it. My heart hurts for all the people being affected by this...

The so called "woke" corporation of Disney still does this shit in 2022.

What song goes

do do dooo do, do-do dooooo do

do dooo do, do-do dooooo do

and so on ...

I can't place it

Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote:
April 7th, 2022, 1:12 pm
What song goes

do do dooo do, do-do dooooo do

do dooo do, do-do dooooo do