Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
My trips to the movies were tiresome and I used to plan a whole day. Trying to align the showtimes of two and sometimes three movies in one day at usually two different locations, then plan lunch and dinner and any kind of shopping was anxiety inducing but I miss it so much.

Okay, another tough one before I call it a day: Tenet daily discourse is getting so tiresome that I'll probably just VOD/blu-ray the whole experience.

I feel like movies are postponed for 2021 anyway and Tenet just feels like fool's hope that restarts every two weeks. I don't have the strength anymore.

Well you can stop thinking about it until it actually releases, along with other movies. No need to keep hoping it all will get fixed in few weeks. Hope is a bitch.

criterion channel is always at your disposal

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 3:26 am
criterion channel is always at your disposal
Fifth Element blu just arrived from New Zealand after a month of covid delay so that's one movie night sorted out. I also have a massive backlog on the shelf ready.

It's just that it's summer and there's no new stuff and all of the hype that goes with it, the ritual is broken.

This year is a struggle in every possible field.

Yeah. I haven’t gone to a movie theater in over 4 months, which is probably the biggest gap in years. I still get the occassional flashes of excitement for Tenet, dunno if due to optimism or just naiveté, but my morale regarding this is very low. The idea that the lack of exciting new art is depressing to you is really hard to reconcile with all of the legitimately worse struggles going on elsewhere, which only reinforces the crappy feeling. I do really feel bad that not going to cinemas for new kinos is making me feel bad.

I have no idea what we collectively have done to deserve this year. Was it all that tide pod eating?

My aid has been new music from my favorite artists. That's what's feeding my hunger for new art. And that kinda gets ruined by clouds of negativity from fans and "wannabe critics".

Like, I don't want to limit anyone's freedom to express their opinions about something but my gosh people love to dissect every single little thing about art and find something they hate about it and just amplify it, and just create this negative atmosphere around the piece of work and its supporters.

Maybe I'm just hurt that people are not enjoying songs I think are great and I should just get over it lol.

I love music but am terrible with keeping up with new releases, and getting into fandoms so it’s been of little solace to me tbh.

I also enjoy watching makeup/skincare videos and consuming that sort of content. So I’ve tried to motivate myself to be more creative with makeup for example. But it really comes and goes. Besides, it relies so much on consumerism, it bothers me. Not to say I’m never truly excited for a new release these days, but I’m always hit with this idea that in the grand scheme of things, none of that is of importance to me. I shouldn’t want/need any of that. So it can be hard to find comfort in that.

I am trying to read more, however. I should also watch more classic movies, I always inted to do that, but spend doing whatever is of least importance at that given moment lmao. Shows, however... Ngl, Better Call Saul and now rewatching BB have been carrying my ass through these times lol.

Ruth wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 7:36 pm
I have no idea what we collectively have done to deserve this year. Was it all that tide pod eating?
It was the brooms. Has to be.

I guess I got lucky. My local theater opened and is showing classics. Saw TDK two weeks ago and hope to see BTTF this weekend.

Ruth wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 7:36 pm
i was watching tokyo olympiad last night and the movie starts with someone methodically naming off every olympics and when/where they took place, including the ones cancelled due to wars (WW2 cancelled two olympics!). then i realized i was watching this in place of an olympics that were supposed to be happening, and it made covid seem like a smaller piece of a whole. i think life is more wild and dramatic than we can process but as we all know it finds a way. spanish flu hit and the 1920 olympics still went on