Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.

-Vader

Allstar wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 3:47 pm
If not much changes from now till July and Tenet still comes out will you attend the cinema to see it?
am not american, don’t live in a very densely populated area, and am pretty sure (like...90% sure?) our theaters will be working in July, so yes, unless things suddenly get a lot worse, I will definitely be seeing it in theaters. Sadly, however, I’ll probably have to go alone. Even if we locally don’t have set limits of attendance, I think the smartest way to go about this is to go alone for a while.

Vader182 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 4:49 pm

-Vader
You have a space suit? Damn.

Vader182 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 4:49 pm

-Vader
hahaha

for real tho

WB pushed back In The Heights to next year and that film was supposed to open 3 weeks before Tenet.

They're holding out on it for now but don't be surprised if it moves.

Theaters in Georgia (the state not the country) will still be closed since theater chains need to come up with training and social distancing protocols for their employees and then when that happens training will take a few weeks.

Allstar wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 4:46 pm
Was genuinely hoping for serious answers. I haven’t seen this discussed. Not really going into the Tenet section for various reasons.
my serious answer is no

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
If not much changes from now till July and Tenet still comes out will you attend the cinema to see it?
I live in Jersey, the 2nd most effected state in America. I will be in the theater if it opens in July.

Allstar wrote:
Yes.

Allstar wrote:
I don't know yet. The area where I live hasn't been impacted by very much... but two hours in a closed area with complete strangers? It's a bad idea at this moment. I'm constantly thinking about my parents and in-laws and am trying to keep them safe as much as I can. This might mean we won't see them again until a vaccine is made public and is going to be very difficult for us. Not being with them for Easter was a bit tough but not being there for Xmas or just not hugging them in the meantime at all? Oh boy.

However, if there are some strict measures put in place on cinemas where I would feel comfortable not contracting or drastically minimizing the risk? Sure, I would love to see it.

There's one movie this year I'd watch against the odds - Dune. The rest can wait. Yes, even TENET, which is my TOP 3 most anticipated movie for the year. I don't see a realistic re-opening of the cinemas until August and Wonder Woman. Summer will help a lot fighting this thing.