Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
My state finally might join the club of having lockdown for non-essential places within the next 48hrs.

I didn't want to post in covid-19 thread because its kinda petty issue... I can't seem to get my bf to stay away from me. This weekend is the start of my household self isolating, and he keeps on inviting me out or he wants to come chill by me. He is not taking this seriously, like he was at a braai (bbq gathering) all day yday, and then he wants to put my parents at risk by visiting. He is really struggling to isolate himself at this time - he does have abandoment issues tho. Having to tell him no everytime is a way of guilting me yo.

Just be straight with him, tell him to take it seriously, say no and give him a timeline on when you cannot meet, maybe end of April of May. But be as clear as possible about it so he'll understand that it's not that you don't want to see him but you cannot because you're afraid for your parents and you take it seriously. That will be enough.

dafox wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 2:24 pm
lol damn, my post history. If you guys are looking for an experience go read The Brothers Karamazov while high. Sorry about that.

I was going to try to start a discussion on why Game of Thrones Season 8 is easily the best season but suggesting that book is a better way of making my point. The way GRRM plays with those character types is really special. Dostoevsky also had an obvious influence on our dear Nolan and other related filmmakers so its a must. Appreciate all of the great stuff many of you introduced me to.
Hope all is well brother, post more

Brothers Karamazov rules, please unpack this lol

-Vader

Bacon wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 3:46 pm
DoubleD wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:21 pm
What's up everybody? I hope everyone is good.
Self-isolated for the time being, but my dad is still working for the USPS so even in a mandated lockdown, he has to work. Doing a number on my anxiety knowing that my family is still exposed even though we're isolated.
I know the feeling. My sister works for the USPS and I can tell she is bothered having to interact with so many people. And my wife is a court clerk, but thankfully she's been able to work from home.

So in movie news, War of the Worlds, Days of Thunder and Top Gun are getting the 4K/HDR treatment for this May. Tbh, I thought WOTW looked pretty good on blu-ray already but cool cool. I've never seen Days of Thunder but it's been on my watchlist for a long time. I read the regular blu-ray is kinda shitty, so yay. Top Gun definitely deserves a better class of blu-ray so yay too

I was going to complain about Rona then I remembered “Kim, there’s people that are dying”.

Who cares if I may not be able to get my laptop fixed so I can work on my final report, so that I can finally graduate and get my degree.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 8:29 am
I was going to complain about Rona then I remembered “Kim, there’s people that are dying”.

Who cares if I may not be able to get my laptop fixed so I can work on my final report, so that I can finally graduate and get my degree.
Your complaint is still valid and serious. At least you're not bummed out about not going to Coachella.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 8:29 am

We all in the dumpster fire together

tpb 4 positivity