Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Since I'm saving up money by practicing social distancing, I think I'll use this money to get lasik eye surgery someday.

idk yet.

I was also thinking about it. But the way the operation looks freaks me out. I'm a person who cannot touch my own eye or even watch people touch theirs.

Same here. The operations scares the shit out of me, but again for some reason my doctor advised me not get it done - has to do with Astigmatisms. So I’m stuck with glasses because I would never ever stick something in my eyes or have to deal with that kinda thing.

If it helps any, they do completely numb your eye so you don't feel a thing when getting the operation done. Seems like they've managed to make the operation more comfortable in previous years.

If your doctor is advising against it though, it's best to listen to them. I do know that the surgery can cause complications for some patients and might make them blind.

Don't know where to post this, but Suzy Delair who played major parts in early HG Clouzot's films has just died at 102 years old.

What's up everybody? I hope everyone is good.

Mumbai's gonna shutdown till 31th March.

DoubleD wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:21 pm
What's up everybody? I hope everyone is good.
Self-isolated for the time being, but my dad is still working for the USPS so even in a mandated lockdown, he has to work. Doing a number on my anxiety knowing that my family is still exposed even though we're isolated.

Have those of you in quarantine/self isolation prepped your food stock for weeks in advance or do you plan to go every once in a while to get your groceries? We did get some food, but chose not to hoard because excessive hoarding is really gross to me for multiple reasons, and now I’m thinking if all of this is even okay. I haven’t gone out in a week out, but my mom has (she had work related stuff to do anyway). Said stores were cleaned out empty just before the announcement of quarantine, but have since restocked and are fine now. People from Italy have also been telling others to not contribute to the hoarding hysteria as their stores have also been regularly restocking.

In our house we’re doing what we usually do - get groceries every week. Although it is advised to stay at home, I don’t think the situation requires piling up food at home. It’s not the apocalypse and we’re not at war. Other than a shortage on hand sanitizers, the supermarkets are stocked like normal and we have plenty of toilet paper :lol: