Actually spot-on simple personality test...

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
that's almost always true although in this case i think it only applies to whatever 'descriptions' the creators of the website give to each personality type

i mean if you look over to this http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-pers ... ti-basics/ or research the origins of this test further you'd see it's certainly more than another facebook quiz, the problem is that then writers are higher to come up with definite profiles for the respective types and those are often oversimplified, one sided and beautied up

as in, it's not that the letters themselves are innacurate since they do speak about the tendancies they pretend to speak about... the speculative context those are expanded into though...

INTP

Definitely spot-on.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:I've known for years that I'm INTJ

But INTJ =/= introverted

Btw that simple personality test is called the Myers-Brigg Type Indicator and is an actual official psychology test that is widely used across the world

Now that doesn't mean it's always right of course, but I know the description given on Wikipedia about INTJs is strikingly spot-on for me
kind of? It's thought of as a very broad helpful guide, but psychologists don't take it all that seriously.

-Vader

Dodd wrote:
Cilogy wrote:lol Doddario is introverted?
Hell nah. Why would anyone be. You have one life to live then you die. Live it to the fullest.
That's a douchey thing to say. Who are you to say how people should live their lives or what brings them happiness? If someone is introverted and content, what's the problem?

Helpful guide yes

ESFJ
ESFJs are more concerned with fashion and their appearance, their social status and the standings of other people. Practical matters and gossip are their bread and butter, but ESFJs do their best to use their powers for good.
lol what no
ESFJs love to be of service, enjoying any role that allows them to participate in a meaningful way, so long as they know that they are valued and appreciated. This is especially apparent at home, and ESFJs make loyal and devoted partners and parents. ESFJ personalities respect hierarchy, and do their best to position themselves with some authority, at home and at work, which allows them to keep things clear, stable and organized for everyone.
That's a little better.

ChristNolan wrote:
Dodd wrote:
Cilogy wrote:lol Doddario is introverted?
Hell nah. Why would anyone be. You have one life to live then you die. Live it to the fullest.
That's a douchey thing to say. Who are you to say how people should live their lives or what brings them happiness? If someone is introverted and content, what's the problem?
You're right that was a dbaggy thing to say. I was projecting my lifestyle on others. Not cool. I don't understand people who hold themselves back doe, but its cool, to each his own.

INFJ is dead on. Basically I'm a walking Nolan protagonist.

Yeah I know this Russian girl who based her entire social interaction on this. She told me we're not compatible because we're pretty much the same, based on those tests, lol!

I gave up on figuring out what sort of person I am...

ISFJ. Same result as I've gotten on every other Meyers-Briggs test.