NolanFans Diary Dawn of Collecting

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
MeLVaNoaTe is the worst poster on this site.

Addicted2Movies wrote:I've come to the depressing realization that I hate the degree I've been working towards the last 4 years and will be graduating in May probably jobless. I got into this program letting me get my Masters degree at the same time I get my Bachelors but I've also found this semester that I hate the shit. I've pretty much just been floating through life the last 3 years working at it without taking the time to assess the question of whether or not I even enjoy what I'm doing.

EDIT: To clarify I'm not complaining about my position as much as I just don't like the idea of doing something I hate.
If you don't like the program you're in and you don't see it leading you to a path in which you would be happy in life, why continue?

ChristNolan wrote:MeLVaNoaTe is the worst poster on this site.
Along with any of the other "I snarkily don't care for Interstellar and it makes me very trendy" posters.

I suck at punctuation. I can't create sentences without doubting my punctuation.

Shit, did i get my punctuation right?

Dodd wrote: If you don't like the program you're in and you don't see it leading you to a path in which you would be happy in life, why continue?
The inertia of life.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:WAIT WAIT WAIT
TIM BURTON DIRECTED AN ADAPTATION OF SLEEPY HOLLOW?!
HOW THE FUCK HAVE I NEVER KNOWN THIS UNTIL NOW

:lol:

Addicted2Movies wrote:I've come to the depressing realization that I hate the degree I've been working towards the last 4 years and will be graduating in May probably jobless. I got into this program letting me get my Masters degree at the same time I get my Bachelors but I've also found this semester that I hate the shit. I've pretty much just been floating through life the last 3 years working at it without taking the time to assess the question of whether or not I even enjoy what I'm doing.

EDIT: To clarify I'm not complaining about my position as much as I just don't like the idea of doing something I hate.
If you don't mind me asking, what program are you in?

In anything we do, we learn something that is key to the progression of our future.

Thought Id post this here for more to see. Back during TDK he talked about trilogies and how hard they are. Pretty interesting. Also says The Empire Strikes Back and The Two Towers are his favorites.
Do you think you'll do another Batman film?
I don't know. I've certainly put a lot into this one. I wanted to put everything into this movie so that the two movies would stand as two movies together. Third sequels are tricky.

Everyone thinks of trilogies though, these days...
They do, but...

Do you think it’s because the traditional story structure is three acts?
There's a certain attraction to that from a story-telling point of view. On the other hand, it's pretty difficult to name third movies that are any good. Going to do a second movie there are a couple of really great moments in cinema we could look at and aspire to. Going for a third one would be a little trickier.

The Bourne Ultimatum?
Well…in a way, but in a way that's following slightly more the Bond model, where they get into the same rhythm with different movies.

The Return of the King probably doesn’t really count, does it?
Yeah, the second was my favourite in that trilogy too. I don't know if that's generally held as a view, but I really enjoyed the second one the most.

So The Empire Strikes Back is your favourite 'Star Wars' film?
As a grown-up, yeah. As a kid, I thought the first one was the best but I've been showing them to my kids recently and the second one is pretty amazing. The Bourne Ultimatum would be...they kept the quality up with that one, definitely. But it's difficult. I don't know.

It's a challenge that you could take up.
Yeah, you never know. I actually have no idea. The serious version, when we've been talking around, is that I always viewed this as a complete movie, the way we viewed the first movie as a complete movie. That's not to say it doesn't leave room for a sequel, because it does. Because you want the story to linger, you want it to carry on in your mind, you want the world to carry on in your mind. And so we certainly don't exclude the possibility of a third film but this movie is engineered and designed to be a very complete experience in itself. And the two movies relate quite strongly, but hopefully each one stands on its own. I think, as a pair, they're going to be quite something. I'm quite excited to be able to sit back and look at the two together.

ChristNolan wrote:Speaking passionately and intricately about something you love or have an intense interest in with people who are not like minded in that same area is the most frustrating feeling. I might as well talk to a wall instead. Or just hide my interests from other people so I don't feel so socially stupid because I hate small talk and would rather have meaningful discussions about things I dig.
This is every conversation I have with people.