What made you Smile today? II

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Allstar wrote:Jessica Chastain pwning Russell Crowe.
Link?

Edit: Nevermind found it. Haha

Durden wrote:
Link?

Thoughts?

Allstar wrote:
Durden wrote:
Link?

Thoughts?
I mean she is right. Crowe can be a little bit of a dewsh. She can also be a little bit heavy on her feminist views. Love them both as actors though. Haha

I agree with everything she says to be honest (because it is statistically a fact) and I am glad she is not afraid to call people out and the industry considering the position she is in. I find it hilarious Streep defended Crowe's comments (OF COURSE) because she is like the only one in that age range to get a ton of work (Chastain also called this out a few months ago). She can genuinely make a difference soon, especially if she starts producing her own material which could happen. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Crowe (his Noah performance still ranks among the best this year), but he is known for being a bit of a hothead and making douchey comments from time to time.

I agree with what she has to say, and it's always refreshing for someone to speak their mind so openly. I just get frustrated when it becomes the main topic in every one of her interviews because it's all they ever ask her. I feel like she is the right person to speak out though because everyone seems to like her and she really seems to care about actresses of all age groups.

Durden wrote:I agree with what she has to say, and it's always refreshing for someone to speak their mind so openly. I just get frustrated when it becomes the main topic in every one of her interviews because it's all they ever ask her. I feel like she is the right person to speak out though because everyone seems to like her and she really seems to care about actresses of all age groups.
Exactly. If she's in that position, with the (positive) reputation she has, why not?

Forum Pro
Law

Allstar wrote:I agree with everything she says to be honest (because it is statistically a fact) and I am glad she is not afraid to call people out and the industry considering the position she is in. I find it hilarious Streep defended Crowe's comments (OF COURSE) because she is like the only one in that age range to get a ton of work (Chastain also called this out a few months ago). She can genuinely make a difference soon, especially if she starts producing her own material which could happen. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Crowe (his Noah performance still ranks among the best this year), but he is known for being a bit of a hothead and making douchey comments from time to time.

HTTYD2 winning Best Animation at the Golden Globes, I'd have been worried if it had been otherwise :D