NolanFans Advice/Support Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Would you date someone with elephantitus of the nuts?

Bacon wrote:Would you date someone with elephantitus of the nuts?
Shut... the.... FUCK.... up Bacon.

Bacon wrote:How to get other members from hating my guts
it even rhymes

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Bacon wrote:How to get other members from hating my guts
it even rhymes
That honestly sounds like something Lil Wayne would say.

I actually have a situation that I could really use some input from people from varying educational backgrounds that kind of know me... The NF community. Asking people on Yahoo Answers for guidance in this situation is a bit to impersonal and I can't really ask my real life friends because, as much as I love them, they are not really on the cutting edge of the educational community if you get what I mean.

Anywho as I mentioned before I very recently finished university and graduated from a boring ass program I had little interest in. Now that all that is done I was really looking forward to taking a one-year graduate program relating to the fashion industry. The problem with that is, although the option is there, my family have really voiced how they would prefer me to rather not learn about fashion. Long story short they told me they would much rather me take a Executive MBA program. Boooringg
I have told them how I'm not interested in that sort of thing and its really caused sort of a tension and distancing between us, because they really have no knowledge or interest in the fashion industry and I have no interest or much knowledge regarding the financial and business world. And its frustrating to choose between something I genuinely have an interest in and my parents being happy, because I would love for them to be proud of my choices because they do everything for me, but I don't want my career path to be something I'm not interested in, I don't really care about the financial part of it. I know I would be really happy working in the fashion industry.

At this point is boiling down to some sort of weird twisted family legacy thing, and its messing with my decision making.

Here is where is gets tricky I could do both. I could simultaneously take the fashion program online, while taking the MBA course in person. The thing with that is I would be incredibly mentally exhausted and have little to no social life (which I fucking love) and uh no time for movies!

I'm in real need of advice and the clock is ticking. :think:

Any input would be greatly appreciated because I'm a doofus who can make his own life choices. :lol: :lol: :gonf:

Dodd wrote:I actually have a situation that I could really use some input from people from varying educational backgrounds that kind of know me... The NF community. Asking people on Yahoo Answers for guidance in this situation is a bit to impersonal and I can't really ask my real life friends because, as much as I love them, they are not really on the cutting edge of the educational community if you get what I mean.

Anywho as I mentioned before I very recently finished university and graduated from a boring ass program I had little interest in. Now that all that is done I was really looking forward to taking a one-year graduate program relating to the fashion industry. The problem with that is, although the option is there, my family have really voiced how they would prefer me to rather not learn about fashion. Long story short they told me they would much rather me take a Executive MBA program. Boooringg
I have told them how I'm not interested in that sort of thing and its really caused sort of a tension and distancing between us, because they really have no knowledge or interest in the fashion industry and I have no interest or much knowledge regarding the financial and business world. And its frustrating to choose between something I genuinely have an interest in and my parents being happy, because I would love for them to be proud of my choices because they do everything for me, but I don't want my career path to be something I'm not interested in, I don't really care about the financial part of it. I know I would be really happy working in the fashion industry.

At this point is boiling down to some sort of weird twisted family legacy thing, and its messing with my decision making.

Here is where is gets tricky I could do both. I could simultaneously take the fashion program online, while taking the MBA course in person. The thing with that is I would be incredibly mentally exhausted and have little to no social life (which I fucking love) and uh no time for movies!

Any input would be greatly appreciated because I'm a doofus who can make his own life choices. :lol: :lol: :gonf:
fuck your parents

follow your dreams

Dodd, I was once in a similar situation.

To make a long story short, I gave in to my families wishes and didn't follow my dreams. I still regret it to this day. Family is family. Follow your dreams. If fashion is where you want to be, fucking do it dude. Respect your families opinion, but you ultimately know what is best for you. They may not like your decision at first, but they'll come around.

Cilogy wrote:
follow your dreams
Thats what my gut is telling me. This is tough. Such a cliché "life cross road" choice :lol:

Next thing I know I'll be getting my own movie on LifeTime.

Edit: Thanks DD! and Cil :gonf:

Dodd wrote:I actually have a situation that I could really use some input from people from varying educational backgrounds that kind of know me... The NF community. Asking people on Yahoo Answers for guidance in this situation is a bit to impersonal and I can't really ask my real life friends because, as much as I love them, they are not really on the cutting edge of the educational community if you get what I mean.

Jesus fucking christ Mitch follow your dreams your parent's aren't gonna disown you lol

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Jesus fucking christ Mitch follow your dreams your parent's aren't gonna disown you lol
yes sir. ;) :) :)