NolanFans Advice/Support Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Crazy Eight wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:life outside NF is better in every way imaginable
Admit it... you don't believe in one reality anymore. Choose to be with me. In NF.
This post is making me so emotional and really connecting with me because of writing.

10/10 better than Citizen Kane, equal to Titanic.
Okay that was funny, I'll give you that lol... but I have to give a bit of a face palm as well.

This past evening I dressed fairly nicely and went to a sushi place, but I decided to get my order “to-go” because the place was packed with couples (along with assorted, angry-looking Southern people), and because I realized how pathetic it would look to sit there eating sushi, alone, in the middle of the restaurant. I waited in a dark corner by the front door for about 20 minutes while my food was being prepared, and nearly everyone leaving the restaurant stared at me like I was a freak.

After I got home and finished eating, I spent the next several hours going through really depressing bullshit on Tumblr and whatnot.

Don't be like me.

Cilogy wrote:This past evening I dressed fairly nicely and went to a sushi place, but I decided to get my order “to-go” because the place was packed with couples (along with assorted, angry-looking Southern people), and because I realized how pathetic it would look to sit there eating sushi, alone, in the middle of the restaurant. I waited in a dark corner by the front door for about 20 minutes while my food was being prepared, and nearly everyone leaving the restaurant stared at me like I was a freak.

After I got home and finished eating, I spent the next several hours going through really depressing bullshit on Tumblr and whatnot.

Don't be like me.
I've done something like that before...

Cilogy wrote:This past evening I dressed fairly nicely and went to a sushi place, but I decided to get my order “to-go” because the place was packed with couples (along with assorted, angry-looking Southern people), and because I realized how pathetic it would look to sit there eating sushi, alone, in the middle of the restaurant. I waited in a dark corner by the front door for about 20 minutes while my food was being prepared, and nearly everyone leaving the restaurant stared at me like I was a freak.

Don't be like me.
You wouldn't look pathetic. You only look pathetic when you don't have confidence in yourself.

Peace wrote:

Don't be like me.
You wouldn't look pathetic. You only look pathetic when you don't have confidence in yourself.
Agreed, having confidence in yourself is probably the most important thing I've learnt over the last year or so. Don't try and force confidence/change your persona, just stop worrying about how other people perceive you, then you won't have a negative perception of yourself. Also, people judge themselves a lot more than they are actually judged by others - someone else's perception of you is never as bad as you think it'll be.

Ask yourself this - have you ever seen someone else in your position - eating alone in a restaurant, even if it's a pretty fancy one - and thought of them as pathetic? I'm guessing the answer is no. Most other people will be the same and won't be bothered with how you're behaving, and if they do judge you, well then that's their problem.

Just remember this song:

christophmac wrote:Don't try and force confidence
I disagree. Sometimes you have to force confidence, and it just ends up being natural. That's how you gotta do it sometimes. It may not work for everyone, but it sure did for me.

what the fuckity fuck cil.

this is supposed to be support thread, right?

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
christophmac wrote:Don't try and force confidence
I disagree. Sometimes you have to force confidence, and it just ends up being natural. That's how you gotta do it sometimes. It may not work for everyone, but it sure did for me.
Oh yeah you definitely want to force yourself to do certain things, but in certain social situations you want to be relaxed and shouldn't try too hard either, otherwise you stop acting like yourself. But as you say, the more you push yourself, the more natural being really sociable will start to feel.

What kind of sushi did you get Cil? I'm a Temaki and Crabmeat California Roll type guy.

Dodd wrote: Crabmeat California Roll type guy.
+1 gotta love that