NolanFans' Collective Diary: Live Free or Collect Hard

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Durden wrote:My uncle just built a new house with a giant theater room and in return gave me his old speakers.

Celestion sl600
Triad LCR 3.0

sounds incredible in my room.
and here I was thinking your setup couldn't get any sweeter...how wrong I was. :thumbup:

Applied for a job at a fast food joint. My friend works there and I went there to ask if they had a position open. The cashier was unsure if they had a position opened and told me to apply online and they'd most likely call me in within a few days. I applied last week online and have yet to receive a call or e-mail confirming that they received my application or saying they would like to interview me. My friend says I should go there and say that I received no confirmation they received my application and then ask for the general manager so I can request an interview in person. I would really like this job, and this place seems like a pretty nice place to work, but would it seem pushy for me to come in and ask for an interview just cause they haven't called me in for one? I mean, if they have no open spots it may seem like I expected them to hire me on the spot after getting my application or something and I'd rather not seem like that when meeting the manager. Any advice?

:facepalm:
Last edited by b4ben11 on July 18th, 2014, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloud of self-loathing has returned! :clap:

missed you pal

Bacon wrote:Applied for a job at a fast food joint. My friend works there and I went there to ask if they had a position open. The cashier was unsure if they had a position opened and told me to apply online and they'd most likely call me in within a few days. I applied last week online and have yet to receive a call or e-mail confirming that they received my application or saying they would like to interview me. My friend says I should go there and say that I received no confirmation they received my application and then ask for the general manager so I can request an interview in person. I would really like this job, and this place seems like a pretty nice place to work, but would it seem pushy for me to come in and ask for an interview just cause they haven't called me in for one? I mean, if they have no open spots it may seem like I expected them to hire me on the spot after getting my application or something and I'd rather not seem like that when meeting the manager. Any advice?
Closed mouths don't get fed.

No need to over think things. Go in with resume in hand and be nicely dressed, ask to speak to the manager and explain the situation you just outlined. Smile, be personable and tell the manager how you feel your candidacy for the job and that you wanted to make sure a technical difficulty didn't interfere with your application. People in hiring positions can be intimidating at times but you have to keep in mind that they are human and understand that disruptions happen in cases like yours.

P.S. have an 'elevator pitch' ready if he/she asks why they should hire you. Good luck.

Lyft and Uber are same thing said no one ever

I adore this woman.

What I picture my life in France to be like:

What its most likely going to be like: