NolanFans' Collective Diary: Live Free or Collect Hard

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
prince0gotham wrote:I thought prisoners was considerably better than pines
Now there's a film I expected nearly everyone on NF to love, for some reason.

Cilogy wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Is The Place Beyond the Pines thread worthy of a read? I saw 2/3 of the movie (really good, especially Gosling and Cooper are great) and I want to read a little bit of discussion about the movie. Also, I'm still surprised how one movie can be trashed in one place and revered in another one.
This is gonna sound incredibly snobbish, but I feel like a lot of folks hopped on the bandwagon for that film, especially on NF (same thing might have happened with with Gravity). I saw it without knowing a thing about it and I personally connected with the film instantly on a very deep level. I cannot on my good conscience say it's anything less than the best film of the year, but then again I'm an emotional, subjectivity fanbot. I have a hard time believing that many people on this site revere it so much.

I think you either connect with it and love it or you don't, it's one of those things. Having said that, what the fuck are you doing? Watch the rest of it bro!
I don't think it was revered as much as you're making it out to be (sadly). I, for one, loved it and would rank it number two behind Gravity this year. I was very hyped in the months leading up to its release as were many others (same with Gravity) so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that people bandwagoned after the film first came out.

Cilogy wrote:
Now there's a film I expected nearly everyone on NF to love, for some reason.
I almost feel like you're getting your films twisted. Everyone on NF (save one person) did love Prisoners, while the reactions to PBtP was comparatively worse.
Last edited by BroskiSabor on November 7th, 2013, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prince0gotham wrote:Ithought prisoners was considerably better than pines

BroskiSabor wrote:I don't think it was revered as much as you're making it out to be (sadly). I, for one, loved it and would rank it number two behind Gravity this year. I was very hyped in the months leading up to its release as were many others (same with Gravity) so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that people bandwagoned after the film first came out.
I guess I only say that because I keep seeing it on everyone's top 10 lists. The film has flaws and it seems like not everyone's cup of tea. That's just the impression I've been getting, maybe I'm wrong.

I almost feel like you're getting your films twisted. Everyone on NF (save one person) did love Prisoners, while the reactions to PBtP was comparatively worse.
Yeah that's what I meant, should have specified.

Cilogy wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:I don't think it was revered as much as you're making it out to be (sadly). I, for one, loved it and would rank it number two behind Gravity this year. I was very hyped in the months leading up to its release as were many others (same with Gravity) so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that people bandwagoned after the film first came out.
I guess I only say that because I keep seeing it on everyone's top 10 lists. The film has flaws and it seems like not everyone's cup of tea. That's just the impression I've been getting, maybe I'm wrong.
I guess the general consensus is that the first act is incredible but for some, the rest of the film falls flat. I definitely understand that criticism, but I personally LOVE the third act. It's easily on par if not better than the first.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
I guess the general consensus is that the first act is incredible but for some, the rest of the film falls flat. I definitely understand that criticism, but I personally LOVE the third act. It's easily on par if not better than the first.
I completely agree.

BlairCo wrote:
Octaviana wrote:Hello to you all, guys! Octaviana returns.
Where the hell have you been? (I kind of already know the answer, but I think everyone else wants to know)
Oh, Blair, I've been very busy with university. I'm doing the obligatory subjects plus one, so I don't have a lot of time. Well, I guess I have it but I waste it some other way.

I'm sure that you all missed me a lot :lol:

Octaviana wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
Where the hell have you been? (I kind of already know the answer, but I think everyone else wants to know)
Oh, Blair, I've been very busy with university. I'm doing the obligatory subjects plus one, so I don't have a lot of time. Well, I guess I have it but I waste it some other way.
That's the Octaviana I know :)

Octaviana wrote:
BlairCo wrote:

I'm sure that you all missed me a lot :lol:
We did.
Welcome back. :D

Durden wrote:
ahahahahahahaha.