NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Bacon wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Went out on Friday with some friends and a girl I had been talking to over the past few weeks went with us and brought a friend. We went to a bar/club and she showed up already tipsy, talked/flirted with me, and then proceeded to grind on like 3 random guys in the span of 3 minutes while they looked at me like "try something." My friends and I left pretty quickly after that. Got a text from her the day after profusely apologizing and blaming it on the alcohol.

Great experience lol
Don’t see what the big deal is here...

Allstar wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 5:34 pm
Bacon wrote:
Went out on Friday with some friends and a girl I had been talking to over the past few weeks went with us and brought a friend. We went to a bar/club and she showed up already tipsy, talked/flirted with me, and then proceeded to grind on like 3 random guys in the span of 3 minutes while they looked at me like "try something." My friends and I left pretty quickly after that. Got a text from her the day after profusely apologizing and blaming it on the alcohol.

Great experience lol
Fuck yourself

Bacon wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 6:12 pm
Allstar wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 5:34 pm
Bacon wrote:

Great experience lol
Fuck yourself
wait what?

ok so like appearing drunk plus acting trashy with random dudes is not the brightest of ideas, but shit happens. would have been better if she owned up to her behavior and not just blamed alcohol for everything but things could have been worse tbh. you don’t owe her a response or even a second chance or anything but drunk people acting odd and horny is not so uncommon. if someone turns aggressive and mean however... that’s a massive red flag

Ruth wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 6:19 pm
ok so like appearing drunk plus acting trashy with random dudes is not the brightest of ideas, but shit happens. would have been better if she owned up to her behavior and not just blamed alcohol for everything but things could have been worse tbh. you don’t owe her a response or even a second chance or anything but drunk people acting odd and horny is not so uncommon. if someone turns aggressive and mean however... that’s a massive red flag
Exactly. I'm not mad at her or angry with her, she can make the decisions she wants to make and should have the freedom to do what she wants. But I don't think it's unreasonable at all for me to be upset or ignore her from here on. I was invited by her to this with obvious and clear romantic intentions from both of us, and it was apparent that she was there for different reasons than I was there. My personality doesn't really match with what was going on and seeing it all was a huge red flag, hence me leaving and me feeling hurt by it.

I only responded aggressively toward Allstar because he's being rude just to egg on the situation, per usual. Everyone does dumb drunk shit, and they should have every right to, but that doesn't make actions any less insensitive or hurtful. It's hardly a big deal, but acting as if I'm wrong for feeling the way I did about the situation is a total dick move.
Last edited by Bacon on February 27th, 2020, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If some people don't see a big deal then maybe they shouldn't comment. Just saying.

I totally see where Bacon is coming from. I don't think it's unreasonable at all and I'd be hurt if that happened to me too.

Here's hoping the next lady that comes into your life is a good match.

Bacon wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 6:26 pm
Ruth wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 6:19 pm
Exactly. I'm not mad at her or angry with her, she can make the decisions she wants to make and should have the freedom to do what she wants. But I don't think it's unreasonable at all for me to be upset or ignore her from here on. I was invited by her to this with obvious and clear romantic intentions from both of us, and it was apparent that she was there for different reasons than I was there. My personality doesn't really match with what was going on and seeing it all was a huge red flag, hence me leaving and me feeling hurt by it.

I only responded aggressively toward Allstar because he's being rude just to egg on the situation, per usual. Everyone does dumb drunk shit, and they should have every right to, but that doesn't make actions any less insensitive or hurtful. It's hardly a big deal, but acting as if I'm wrong for feeling the way I did about the situation is a total dick move.
But I didn't say your feelings were unreasonable. I did say you owed her nothing.

i just thought your response to him was uncalled for, that's all. no one tried to invalidate your feelings and idk why you would think he was egging on the situation, because his post seemed... tame? of all the responses you got, everyone's varied slightly. saying something isn't as uncommon, or seemed like less of a big deal than it may have been isn't the same as saying you're in the wrong.

Ruth wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 6:47 pm
i just thought your response to him was uncalled for, that's all. no one tried to invalidate your feelings and idk why you would think he was egging on the situation, because his post seemed... tame? of all the responses you got, everyone's varied slightly. saying something isn't as uncommon, or seemed like less of a big deal than it may have been isn't the same as saying you're in the wrong.
We all know Allstar is about as predictable as a metronome. His post might seem tame, but him saying that he doesn't see what the big deal is in that situation even after Artemis and Vader commented their thoughts is pretty telling.

Imagine telling your friends something that bothered you previously and not being too upset anymore because time has passed, but you're still disappointed and just wanting catching them up on your life and then one of them says, "Don't see what the big deal is here." Like..c'mon, dude. Like Artemis said, there's no reason to say something like that other than to provoke.

It's not worth discussing anymore. The site keeps 404-ing, so it's a pain in the ass to read/post these right now lol

Gee whiz. If you don’t want varied opinions then don’t post it on a public forum, instead ask people who you want their opinion via PM. Won’t comment next time but to me it seems like the girl had a fun night and people are trying to slut-shame her a bit. If she’s single, she did not really do anything wrong imo. If it hurt your feelings I understand but giving this girl too hard of a time doesn’t sit right with me based on what I’ve heard so again, don’t see the big deal and would just move on.

Sadly people around here know they can insult Allstar and easily get away with it. If Allstar had responded like that, you folks would have made threads after threads about how we can deal with the problem of toxicity on this forum, blah blah, for days to come.

Allstar wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 7:10 pm
Gee whiz. If you don’t want varied opinions then don’t post it on a public forum, instead ask people who you want their opinion via PM. Won’t comment next time but to me it seems like the girl had a fun night and people are trying to slut-shame her a bit.
If you genuinely believe what's in this post right now you need to learn to read better. This has nothing to do with slut-shaming, other people are agreeing with how I took the situation and handled it. It's not about gender or double standards, it's about a person inviting another person romantically to join their friends and then spending the entire night ignoring said invited person. The situation regardless of my gender or her gender ends up with someone being ignored, and I don't see the issue with the ignored person feeling slighted. She has every right to act the way she did, but we're not slut-shaming her by saying it was insensitive or by me saying I won't talk to her again.

And I'm fine with varied opinions. Vader gave a genuine and honest opinion with his unique and individual perspective that was different than Artemis' original statement. What he didn't do is try to minimize what happened or make the person who posted it originally feel like they were overreacting for being bothered by what happened.

And Virgo,

This is a forum with people who have literally been talking to each other and joking with one another for years (just see Brendan and Keegan's honeymoon pictures). I find it pretty aggravating that certain people on this site seem to have a complete understanding of common sense while others lack it in spades when responding to someone. I'll take it to PM's next time I want to talk to someone reasonable about anything even remotely anecdotal.