NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
So my friend's gf told me during our super bowl party that I should ask that girl out on a date since everyone thinks we'd be perfect together and she's shown interest in me to her. I then told her that I did ask her out and she told me no and then my friend's gf got confused and was like "oh." I pressed saying "Wait, who even told you that we were even talking?" and she said that the girl I like had mentioned that a lot of people had been telling her that we should go to prom together and that we'd be good together.

So I'm sort of mad because I feel like my chances might've been affected by whoever the crap was trying to push that girl into a relationship with me. Not to mention am I confused because I didn't think I really showed my interest to anyone BUT her and my closest friend.

dude

if I were you (but mostly because I have spurts of overconfidence) I'd go up to her tomorrow and just be honest with her and say something like

"Wow, so apparently a bunch of people want us to be together. Weird, huh?"

and then I'd suggest we go to prom together as a joke

Cilogy wrote:dude

if I were you (but mostly because I have spurts of overconfidence) I'd go up to her tomorrow and just be honest with her and say something like

But I just asked her out like 3 days ago...
Won't it seem like I'm not getting the hint?

bacon I think ur worrying too much

Bacon wrote:
Cilogy wrote:dude

But I just asked her out like 3 days ago...
Won't it seem like I'm not getting the hint?
well I mean you can do want you want, you know the better situation better than anyone

I'm just telling you how I would handle it, because:

1. she basically said no to you once, so you have nothing to lose
2. you can make it into a funny situation and both of you can laugh about it

I'll tell ya, rejection can really give you the best kind of confidence if you take everything with a "fuck it" attitude

bakan you're approaching all these situations under the assumption that you'll be rejected. gotta do the opposite

actually, Bacon, I'm serious

actually go up to her next time and have a laugh about the situation

or, even better, go and talk to her with the intention of getting rejected

I'm not even kidding, it'll be fun

bacon, I think you prioritised wrong. You should have focused on asking her to prom first, because you don't need to be "in a relationship" to go to prom. So you just did it the other way round, but I'm sure you can salvage it yo.

Good News: I think I've fallen for a girl.

Bad News: If you wanna take a guess, message me.

So my crush and I messaged each other a little bit last month, and I asked her if she could take a look at some story ideas that I had. She said sure so I sent them to her and she hasn't messaged back. At all. Like she's wiped off of the face of the Earth. I know that sometimes she forgets the outside world but it's a little unusual to have not heard from her in so long. No idea what to do now.