NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
We don't "let ourselves be friend-zoned". When a girl says they don't like you like that and don't show any interest, is there any real reason to push super hard? If she's already explained that she's not interested, don't annoy her over it. And like I said, the problem is more "is it worth it?" than Girl B>Girl A. Like I said, Girl B is in a serious relationship right now with a great dude, so I don't want to get in the middle of that.

Bacon wrote:We don't "let ourselves be friend-zoned". When a girl says they don't like you like that and don't show any interest, is there any real reason to push super hard? If she's already explained that she's not interested, don't annoy her over it. And like I said, the problem is more "is it worth it?" than Girl B>Girl A. Like I said, Girl B is in a serious relationship right now with a great dude, so I don't want to get in the middle of that.
It has absolutely nothing with pushing hard, it's about creating a persona and dynamic that's always seen as an option.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I don't know how guys let themselves be friendzoned.

Anyway, "the girl who got away" I keep bringing up texted me out of nowhere today, and proceeded to be flirtacious as fuck for an hour straight. Considering I'll be seeing her in a few weeks when she visits our group of friends in Chicago (she lives in Wyoming going to medical school and visits Chicago a few times a year), I have no idea what to make of this. It's ...some word I don't know to see our chemistry so clearly innate in us as people even after four months of not talking. I'd trade a lot- not a new Star Wars movie, but a lot- for her to be enrolled in a Chicago medical school. All my friends hate her and think we're terrible together anyway, though. Including NF's very own Keegan O'fuckyou.

-Vader
FYI, this girl is mormon so you lovely NF folks know.

Vader182 wrote:I don't know how guys let themselves be friendzoned.

Anyway, "the girl who got away" I keep bringing up texted me out of nowhere today, and proceeded to be flirtacious as fuck for an hour straight. Considering I'll be seeing her in a few weeks when she visits our group of friends in Chicago (she lives in Wyoming going to medical school and visits Chicago a few times a year), I have no idea what to make of this. It's ...some word I don't know to see our chemistry so clearly innate in us as people even after four months of not talking. I'd trade a lot- not a new Star Wars movie, but a lot- for her to be enrolled in a Chicago medical school. All my friends hate her and think we're terrible together anyway, though. Including NF's very own Keegan O'fuckyou.

-Vader
how the fuck do you even meet women

let alone talk to them

Cilogy wrote: how the fuck do you even meet women

let alone talk to them

Cilogy wrote: how the fuck do you even meet women

let alone talk to them

tried both

not very effective

I laughed so much at that comic book snippet. :lol: :clap:

And if you keep pressing (A) she'll give you health boost along with 16bit kneeling animation.

@Bacon: I said this like 20 pages ago. Dating is how people get to know each other. There is 90% chance Girl A doesn't ever know you exist. If you don't try to ask her out then you'll probably never be on her radar. Make an effort, and at least get on her radar yo (it is a good thing). You cannot wait for "the third act of every romcom film" to happen with Girl B.

So, lately, I've been trying something sort of different, it's called not giving a fuck about shit.

I've been on a pretty wonderful streak of confidence and contentment for the past few days. I literally cannot remember the last time in my life I've actually felt this good for this amount of time. I imagine this is what Dodd feels like 24/7.

I actually feel like making friends and hanging out with peeps. I haven't felt that urge in years, and it's great.

Dating ... I imagine I'll get there, but right now I'm taking it one day at a time, slowly building up confidence and focusing on essentially being a person I myself would want to be around. I've been saying high to more folks, and smiling a lot more (I've found that is fucking blasting my self-esteem through the roof at times). I've also been trying to be more relaxed and receptive to conversation, while I never really did that at all before, both in class and at work.

The only problem is I'm only in this city for about 5 more months, and then I'm off to greener pastures. So, this is coming at the most inconvenient time, because that doesn't seem like enough time to actually date people let alone make friends actually worth hanging out with. Idk, we'll see what happens.

Several more steps and who knows, somewhere down the line I may even leave this place for good.
nah, it's a chronic illness, I may leave NF, but NF will never leave me :shifty: