NolanFans Wanna Get Some aka Dr. Melfi Couch

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Bacon wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 7:16 pm
If you genuinely believe what's in this post right now you need to learn to read better. This has nothing to do with slut-shaming, other people are agreeing with how I took the situation and handled it. It's not about gender or double standards, it's about a person inviting another person romantically to join their friends and then spending the entire night ignoring said invited person. The situation regardless of my gender or her gender ends up with someone being ignored, and I don't see the issue with the ignored person feeling slighted. She has every right to act the way she did, but we're not slut-shaming her by saying it was insensitive or by me saying I won't talk to her again.
I am slightly afraid to comment but I don't want to think me ignoring this is being insensitive as well. Two things. I was under the impression it was a group of friends going out. Also, how could she be ignoring you the whole night if you only stayed for 3 mins? I did not know your conversations with this girl prior so I dunno, perhaps I should not have weighed in. I think unless you guy were getting seriously involved I don't see it as a big deal if she was drunkenly flirting with others. I can understand how it could hurt your feelings and perhaps I should have been more sensitive in making that clear. Anyway, I don't think this should be a 3 strike offense regardless and perhaps give her another chance, what's the worst that can happen? If she disappoints again then you know for good and go in with low expectations so you're not disappointed. You could potentially be missing out on something if you don't speak to her again over this which at worst seems forgivable.

I think next time just don't be dismissive and maybe give a little bit more thought into the situation and read previous replies before replying. And try putting yourself in the situation too. Like man, you wanna spend more time with this woman you've been talking to for a while and she goes off to spend time with people not you? That does sting.

I agree I could have gave it more thought but I’m not going to base what I wanted to say based on other replies. Bacon has filled me in more on the situation and I did have the full picture, I see it better now. I was initially trying to express it did not seem out of the ordinary and was not aware what kind of intentions she gave Bacon prior to this night out because it seemed more like friends going out then date but Bacon made it clearer to me in DM.

Bacon wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Went out on Friday with some friends and a girl I had been talking to over the past few weeks went with us and brought a friend. We went to a bar/club and she showed up already tipsy, talked/flirted with me, and then proceeded to grind on like 3 random guys in the span of 3 minutes while they looked at me like "try something." My friends and I left pretty quickly after that. Got a text from her the day after profusely apologizing and blaming it on the alcohol.

Great experience lol
Group activities like this are often used as opportunities to vet someone you're into without the stress/formality of it being a date. If she was talking to you then hit the dance floor she probably wanted you to join in.

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 10:48 pm
Bacon wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Went out on Friday with some friends and a girl I had been talking to over the past few weeks went with us and brought a friend. We went to a bar/club and she showed up already tipsy, talked/flirted with me, and then proceeded to grind on like 3 random guys in the span of 3 minutes while they looked at me like "try something." My friends and I left pretty quickly after that. Got a text from her the day after profusely apologizing and blaming it on the alcohol.

Great experience lol
Group activities like this are often used as opportunities to vet someone you're into without the stress/formality of it being a date. If she was talking to you then hit the dance floor she probably wanted you to join in.
lol dude trust me. I knew what was happening, and I tried. I can pm you details if you want.

📉🌈🐻👍

Edit: Meant to post this in Diary thread but fuck it lol

Note to self: stop showing up to dates drunk.

Numbers wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 3:57 am
I am happy that you're putting yourself out there at least.

Artemis wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 11:02 am
Numbers wrote:
Not after my last burn tho lol. I tell people I'm a voluntary celibate now.

The last gal I hooked up with was supposed to be a casual thing, but I guess I was especially emotionally vulnerable?

lol literally in december... I had my dad tell me to stop calling him "dad," I faced eviction, and I had a date ghost me after nearly a dozen dates (it burned bright, but fast).
EDIT: I'm also dropping out of college. LOL.

so much from my aspirations

Numbers wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 11:16 am
Artemis wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 11:02 am
Numbers wrote:
Not after my last burn tho lol. I tell people I'm a voluntary celibate now.

The last gal I hooked up with was supposed to be a casual thing, but I guess I was especially emotionally vulnerable?

lol literally in december... I had my dad tell me to stop calling him "dad," I faced eviction, and I had a date ghost me after nearly a dozen dates (it burned bright, but fast).
EDIT: I'm also dropping out of college. LOL.

so much from my aspirations
Oh man that is too much going on at one time.

You can PM me if you want to talk further, or add me on FB and we can talk on messenger since that'll be faster and easier.