Best Cinema Experience

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Forum Pro
Law
RyanRises wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I had a very memorable experience with Batman Begins at the cinemas. I had no expectations going in, and I was blown away when I came out.
You were 7-8 when it came out, I doubt you had a memorable experience
Exactly my point.

RyanRises wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I had a very memorable experience with Batman Begins at the cinemas. I had no expectations going in, and I was blown away when I came out.
You were 7-8 when it came out, I doubt you had a memorable experience
It wasn't very memorable, but I still remember coming out of the cinema and I figured out that Ra's al Ghul was actully Qui Gon Jinn. And I remember how awesome it was seating in my seat watching the Tumbler driving through the city. That kind of experience you can't really forget.

BlairCo wrote:
RyanRises wrote: You were 7-8 when it came out, I doubt you had a memorable experience
It wasn't very memorable, but I still remember coming out of the cinema and I figured out that Ra's al Ghul was actully Qui Gon Jinn. And I remember how awesome it was seating in my seat watching the Tumbler driving through the city. That kind of experience you can't really forget.
Exactly my point.
Brave New World

Law wrote:
RyanRises wrote: You were 7-8 when it came out, I doubt you had a memorable experience
Exactly my point.
Hey, I was 8 when I watched Return of the King and I remember me about to bawl by the end. Seriously.

TDK = I was literally speechless after this, just sat there in awe. Really started my passion for film, and one of the best days of my life.

Inception = The ending was so emotional, had me in tears. My favorite film.

TDKR = sat in lobby for 8 hours waiting with a bunch of fanboys, and taking in the crowd. Very emotional, and crowd was so interactive, long awaited film with the perfect experience.

The Girl WIth The Dragon Tattoo (2011) = Exceeded my expectations, and crowd was great.

Zero Dark Thirty = Such an emotional film, with moments that really take your breath away. Most of the crowd sat there and speechless at the end. Beautiful ending.

Django Unchained = Hell of a good time, had the biggest fucking smile on my face throughout.
Last edited by Durden on January 28th, 2013, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durden wrote:TDK = I was literally speechless after this, just sat there in awe. Really started my passion for film, and one of the best days of my life.
I'm stealing your words about TDK because they perfectly mirror my feelings.

I'm going to be selective about what I consider my "best" cinema experience and only add:

Inglourious Basterds: Went into this completely blind...didn't know much about the plot, or even who the fuck Christoph Waltz was. After that opening scene I turned towards my friend and his jaw was dropped about as far as mine.

Law sinks.
Brave New World

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Me being more of an admirer of the series rather than a fan, I was eagerly excited to see the final installment of the big franchise. It was a midnight showing, and I took my ex-girlfriend along (Who I am still friends with to this day), since we booked months in advance. Everyone dressed up and they all looked amazing (I wasn't dressed up though, so I felt like the odd one out). And as we all watched the film, the reactions to some scenes were quite unreal:
- When Hermione and Ron started kissing after killing the horcrux, the entire audience just yelled with excitement and clapped.

- During the scene with Snape and Voldemort, I could hear some people crying because they knew what was gonna happen. And as the snake killed him, there were so much sobbing.

- Same with the scene afterwards, when Fred died, and Lupin and Tonks died holding their hands, I muttered under my breath "Oh for god sake", not because of the crying, but because of how sad it all was.

- During Snape's memories, when Snape was holding Lilly, that really got me, and the rest of the audience.

- Mrs. Wesley said "Not my daughter, you bitch", the entire audience erupted into an applause. And when she kills Bellatrix, the applause was just as loud.

- And in the last scene, I was beaming like a Cheshire cat.
Still the best cinema experience I'll ever had.

Durden wrote: The Girl WIth The Dragon Tattoo (2011) = Exceeded my expectations, and crowd was great.
My bladder was very close to exploding and splashing my insides with urine during this one.
Do you... like pineapple?

One of my favorite moviegoing experiences was a festival showing of Perfect Blue, way the hell back in '97. The audience was so incredibly engaged, so totally wrapped up in the mystery, that when the big reveal finally arrived everyone let out this collective "OHHHHH!"

Another good one: Grindhouse, a couple of years back. Just a really fun, rowdy, happy crowd, laughing and cheering in all the right places (and, happily, booing Eli Roth's awful Thanksgiving trailer, the only bum note in the entire film).