Astonishing NolanFans

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I forgot how bad it looks with the forum being all white. It would hurt the eyes

Artemis wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 1:55 pm
I hope Gal sings Imagine to Darkseid to get him to stop being mean.

We never clowned this post
anikom15 wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 12:28 am
I recently rewatched this movie and Jesus Christ is it bad. I’ve never really liked this movie. As a kid I found it boring and as an adult I found it so idealistic as to be meaningless. Well one thing I never realized is how the humor relies entirely on ethnic stereotypes. I don’t know if I’m just more sensitive to it after spending so much time with Europeans, but this is just ridiculous.

Speedy Gonzales is fucking hilarious. Gone with the Wind is one of my favorite movies, unironically.

Now that that’s out of the way, I just can’t believe how a movie could possibly get away with relying on ridiculous clichés. If your movie has a shitty plot and boring characters, it needs to at least be funny, or something, and it’s not. And this is 1955, not 1925. This humor should have been played out at the time. Did people really find this shit funny back then? Was it all the little kids from the war boon? I just don’t get it.

Speaking of shitty plot, the plot is shitty. It’s a Disney movie, whatever, but Lady is a stupid character. She’s a dog that looks good I guess? I don’t know. I’m human. I don’t know what a good looking dog is supposed to look like. If I’m being honest, the characters are about as well-developed as the ones from Sleeping Beauty, but Sleeping Beauty is hot. That’s her thing. And you know what? Prince Philip is hot too. That’s all we need. Dogs are not hot. That’s fucking weird. Give us something else to lean on besides dogs going on dates. I guess they got it right with One Hundred and One Dalmations, Aristocats, and I guess Robin Hood, later on, but it doesn’t forgive this piece of shit.

The only thing good about this movie is the voice acting and animation (Peggy Lee is completely wasted though), but even the animation is not wholly impressive. Bambi came out like twenty years before and looks better, and is actually a good movie. Animating animals is also not really a challenge. Again, Sleeping Beauty is a classic for its technical prowess and legendary archetypes, not its characterization, but that movie has people and hair getting animated really well. Dogs running around is something I can get out of Looney Tunes.

This movie may very well be the worst of the Disney canon that Disney worked on himself, but then The Three Caballeros exists. Actually, I think I’d rather watch The Three Caballeros. At least that movie is educational and has music with rhythm.
Dude really got mad over a 65 year old animated movie about dogs lol

I feel honored.

anikom15 wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 4:21 am
I feel honored.
:lol: :clap:

Demoph wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 12:26 pm
I've become so good in English that Batfan's post now look like to me they are written in French!

Demoph wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 3:45 pm
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 2:33 pm
Nomis wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 6:59 am
I don't think I even made it 10 minutes in lol

worth continuing?
i dug it but i thought it was great immediately. tap in to your own sensibilities, what does your heart tell you?
That Frodo is alive.
I fucking can't :lol: :lol: :lol: best response ever

Out-of-Context NF Quotes #5

anikom15 wrote:Sleeping Beauty is hot. That’s her thing.
Ruth wrote:would you guys be comfortable enough to work alongside or employ nazis
dragon_phoenix wrote:once I feel like I own something, I get pretty sore if someone try to make it away from me. That said, I will never hit a woman.
Cilogy wrote:I fucked a polar bear and still couldn't get you outta my mind
PowerDump wrote:going through an abortion isn’t a big deal
prowlercomesaround wrote:If you jerk off to an 11 year old Natalie Portman that's ok
had this saved as a draft for about 2 years

Cilogy wrote:
August 21st, 2022, 10:41 pm
Ruth wrote:would you guys be comfortable enough to work alongside or employ nazis