What made you laugh today?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I was disappointed with the film and he's right though, there is a lot of good. Great acting, good cinematography, amazing set design. It just didn't work for me. And it's nice to see that he has a good relationship with his mother.

I don't get the gloating over his disappointment in the reception. Clearly the material means a lot to him. He's re read the book a lot and he had a great time working on the film. Of course it's always sad when it doesn't land the right way. Instead of being overly hostile he decided to address this with humor and with heart and didn't insult or attack anyone.

So I don't get how this is a "meltdown" or "cringe."

You haven't read the book or seen the film but you sure do seem to have bold opinions on this.

You have no idea what I’ve seen read. Nor do I need to have to find his meltdown hilarious.

So you have read the Goldfinch then?

Allstar, don't push this tiresome negativity. You've been on a roll when it comes to that and it doesn't make this place pleasant at all.

I'll leave this thread now but I'll just say I hope Allstar doesn't have people laughing at him or taking pleasure in his sadness when he's down. I don't think anyone deserves that. Except maybe Hitler. Yeah Hitler deserves it.

its a funny post, he got paid but ultimately this will not be great for his career and he's allowed to make light of that

Nomis wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 6:13 pm
Allstar, don't push this tiresome negativity. You've been on a roll when it comes to that and it doesn't make this place pleasant at all.
I’m just talking about an actor my friend lol.
Artemis wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 6:15 pm
I'll leave this thread now but I'll just say I hope Allstar doesn't have people laughing at him or taking pleasure in his sadness when he's down. I don't think anyone deserves that. Except maybe Hitler. Yeah Hitler deserves it.
It’s a movie for a rich young actor. I do have him in my thoughts and prayers though.

You can extend sympathy and empathy to everyone.

Allstar wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 6:35 pm
Nomis wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 6:13 pm
I’m just talking about an actor my friend lol.

allstar, sweetie, i say this as someone who loves you dearly

but you should just shut the fuck up sometimes