Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
It's really bizzare to me how one type of story has dominated the mainstream entertainment these days.

"World-weary man dealing with the nightmares of his past is put in a situation where he has to reluctantly protect a child of great significance in a perilous journey."

Just a little over a year we've had The Witcher, Multiverse of Madness, Obi-Wan Kenobi, God of War Ragnarok, The Last of Us and Mandalorian.

Surely there are other stories to tell out there as well.

I mean, it's not like the majority of Award nominated films were about it. Basically only Avatar would kind of fit that bill but not really. None of the top grossing movies this year is about it either. Only one movie from last year's top 10 was about it (Doctor Strange).

Yes, there are other stories to tell but they are being told.

I decided a few weeks ago to not waste any more time in my life and dive into the world of classic literature once and for all. I was a spoiled little brat in high school, never read anything, but recently I started to feel being drawn to some classic novels. I am reading The Brothers Karamazov (in English) by Dostoyevsky right now, and I have to say, it is a completely revelatory experience. I think everyone should experience this sooner or later, because you really don't know what you are missing if you do not start looking into these novels and stories as soon as possible. Karamazov itself is an absolutely intriguing, shocking and relentless look at humanity, human nature and the most burning existential dilemmas you yourself must have already pondered on. I definitely have before, and that's the catch for me (among other things): the novel is dense, but is it is so real, so "simple". Yet, I just cannot let go of it. I'm around 350 pages into it, still got something like 600 to go, and I feel that most of the major "plot points" are yet to come. But there was more sense in these 350 pages than in whatever shit TV show I've seen in the past 10 years. I know, unfair comparison, but I am beginning to realize how much worthless shit I put up with in the past in the name of pop culture entertainment. I will definitely want to check out Dostoyevsky's other novels after this. Please, read it, if you can. You won't be disappointed.

There's a music school on the second level above my hearing clinic (which itself is an irony) and someone up there is playing the piano theme from Interstellar like once a day every day for the past 6 months and it is making me slowly hate it.

guys i love greta and think barbie is gonna be awesome but we’re gonna have to batten down the hatches in july bc the discourse is going to be abysmal

Not the greatest day for Twitter leftists.

None of these names ring any bells. Also I have no idea what they're talking about.

Bro I haven't been active in ages, and I'm still #2.

What the actual fuck

I think I was the first to join (after Alex and Teddy) and I still haven't gotten past 3500 :D

Two things I'll never understand being regarded as entertainment, in American culture. Child exploitation and mean reality-show fuckheads throwing abuse at everything and everyone.