Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Nomis wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 5:14 pm
So TIL Armie Hammer is from the Hammer, Occidental Petroleum, family. So really really really ridiculously rich family

insanely rich lol
Armie legit had it all and fucked up huge.

Rich af, tall af, handsome af, decent acting chops, a team of PR/publicists and decides to throw his career away by eating people

Yes, the career is the real loss here.

Dodd wrote:
April 26th, 2017, 8:32 pm
Bitcoin currently trading at $1298. Ask me if I'm happy I invested. :thumbup:
;)

Reading the news tonight, seeing images from Ukraine, I just started to cry. If there are Ukrainians on the forum, I pray for you and hope for a miracle : that reason or kindness can still triumph.

Demoph wrote:
February 24th, 2022, 5:12 pm
Reading the news tonight, seeing images from Ukraine, I just started to cry. If there are Ukrainians on the forum, I pray for you and hope for a miracle : that reason or kindness can still triumph.
Just a personal, albeit a slightly more distant perspective: I live in Hungary and we were just getting the first waves of Ukrainian people crossing to Hungary, looking for shelter and any means of further travel or accomodation... I've seen many public groups on my Facebook where Hungarians (civilians) are working hard to organize cars, accomodation, etc. I myself am in the capital which is further away from the border, so we're not experiencing anything really, but I have many friends with relatives near the Ukrainian border and they seem distressed. I can't imagine what it might be like to live through this. Hopefully won't have to...

Scary fucking times. My heart breaks for the people of Ukraine. They're fighting not only for theirs, but for all of our futures now.

The Russians need to rise and take the fucking streets, and put an end to this. The foreign parties cannot do much directly without Russia escalating for a worldwide, possibly nuclear, conflict, the very people of that country need to take matters into their hands.

DHOP wishing you well bordering the war zone and glad your country is able to help Ukrainians. Ruth are you in a similar situation? I’m keeping you all in my thoughts. It’s horrifying the evil Putin is capable of.

What happened and is happening is absolutely horrible and dreadful. Everyday I now wake up to check the news if Kiev is still standing, hoping for the best and dreading the worst. We want to register to take in Ukrainian refugees to "our" apartment. Unfortunately it is not "ours" as we are merely renting but hopefully, if it is necessary, we will be able to.

After just one day I felt emotionally drained but the feeling and thoughts the Ukrainian people must have is what really matters and terrifies me. I'm sure they hate the situation they are in but the worst thought might be that there is no quick fix for it, that it will not end after a week or even a month.

What I fear for the situation in Poland, other than what other Baltic states are dreading (which is also an armed conflict with Russia and the de facto start of WW3, which I never considered as a possibility before), is that the large influx of refugees might cause resentment and an even larger rise of nationalism in the long run. So far we have been amazingly united to help Ukraine and everyone seems to be united for the first time in many years. Honestly this is the one silver lining out of this thing. I just hope it can stay that way for as long as possible and at least throughout this conflict.

Many of my friends are talking about whether Putin would advance further west, but I'm pretty sure that is out of the question, as attacking a NATO country would be, well, game over for most of us...

So it is in a way comforting to know that we live in a NATO country. However mad these events are, I don't think Putin is that mad to risk a world war... I mean, what's to gain? This, of course, doesn't change what Ukraine is going through now.

Never underestimate how far an insecure middle aged man would go to show everyone how big his dick is.