Animal Cruelty

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Pratham wrote:Cilogy, just out of curiosity, do you eat beef/pork?
I haven't, and have no desire either.
I used to eat a lot, but I have cut down a bit because of fat intake. My parents/grandparents are very religious and despise the fact that I eat beef.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

vegetarianism/vegan aside. I understand and accept that people are not going to stop eating meat, and thats understandable, perhaps it was my fault by starting the thread off by saying that I don't eat meat. I'm more interested in discussing the food industry's part in the pain and suffering of animals and the cruel and unethical treatment in the process of making meat products.

I'm not saying that the world should stop eating meat because that would obviously never happen. I'm interested in a discussion moving towards how the food industry could build a framework in which a more respectful, dignified and fair treatment of living creatures would take place.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:vegetarianism/vegan aside. I understand and accept that people are not going to stop eating meat, and thats understandable, perhaps it was my fault by starting the thread off by saying that I don't eat meat. I'm more interested in discussing the food industry's part in the pain and suffering of animals and the cruel and unethical treatment in the process of making meat products.

I'm not saying that the world should stop eating meat because that would obviously never happen. I'm interested in a discussion moving towards how the food industry could build a framework in which a more respectful, dignified and fair treatment of living creatures would take place.
1. Stop hiring maniacs.
2. Regular controls.
3. Investing in finding legitimate and fair ways of killing animals without making them suffer.

RIFA wrote:
1. Stop hiring maniacs.
2. Regular controls.
3. Investing in finding legitimate and fair ways of killing animals without making them suffer.
Could.Not.Argee.More

RIFA wrote:
Dodd wrote:vegetarianism/vegan aside. I understand and accept that people are not going to stop eating meat, and thats understandable, perhaps it was my fault by starting the thread off by saying that I don't eat meat. I'm more interested in discussing the food industry's part in the pain and suffering of animals and the cruel and unethical treatment in the process of making meat products.

One of the problem is the Kosher/Halal means of killings. Here everything is Kosher. In the UK I was surprised to see most places sell Halal meat. Both are quite horrible.

Based4Life wrote:I like to kick puppies in my spare time. Its fun, exciting, and just a great way to stay in shape.
Can I kick you in my spare time see if you like that too? :D

I can't believe I was not eating meat products for a bit there :facepalm: :crazy:

I am a meat eater but I can understand why people aren't (specifically pertaining to choice rather than religion). Although in my view, PETA are really not the best choices for advocacy of that sort of thing.

Anyway, what about the other side of a subject that has been the target of accusations of animal cruelty - animal testing? Since the thread title seems to be unspecified, why not bring that in as well as the dietary side? I know it's a thorny subject for some, but then, this is a forum for thorny subjects.

"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

This last page of the thread made me crave a burger lol
Say Girl