Chaos

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
User avatar
Posts: 15467
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
Viral, you got the tendancy of not posting regularly and then making a topic where you want to be heard on a philosophical subject you explain and describe poorly. Instead of inserting it on-topic in one of the many movie related discussions you separate it and don't formulate it well (not that that would help, considering how out-of-the-blue it comes off as) and write it in a very excited tone using strong words, continuously underlining your own enthusiasm. This is hard to read or take seriously since it takes effort to go from zero to interested on our own.

Posts: 264
Joined: February 2011
prince0gotham wrote:Viral, you got the tendancy of not posting regularly and then making a topic where you want to be heard on a philosophical subject you explain and describe poorly. Instead of inserting it on-topic in one of the many movie related discussions you separate it and don't formulate it well (not that that would help, considering how out-of-the-blue it comes off as) and write it in a very excited tone using strong words, continuously underlining your own enthusiasm. This is hard to read or take seriously since it takes effort to go from zero to interested on our own.
I am stranger as far as anyone is concerned... i encourage people to look past the differences and the labels..
the only reason i post these philosophical threads is because a lot of my interpretations are inspired by Nolan's movies..
i don't make these threads so people can critique me (hell i can do enough of that myself)..
they are structured so only a selected few read them.. (the rest can call it all obvious bs if they wish)

a person's name, plans, wealth, reputation doesn't matter in the end (all is devoured by chaos)...
the rank of a human being is measured by what actions he/she takes in the present.

User avatar
Posts: 15467
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
Viral114 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:Viral, you got the tendancy of not posting regularly and then making a topic where you want to be heard on a philosophical subject you explain and describe poorly. Instead of inserting it on-topic in one of the many movie related discussions you separate it and don't formulate it well (not that that would help, considering how out-of-the-blue it comes off as) and write it in a very excited tone using strong words, continuously underlining your own enthusiasm. This is hard to read or take seriously since it takes effort to go from zero to interested on our own.
I am stranger as far as anyone is concerned... i encourage people to look past the differences and the labels..
the only reason i post these philosophical threads is because a lot of my interpretations are inspired by Nolan's movies..
i don't make these threads so people can critique me (hell i can do enough of that myself)..
they are structured so only a selected few read them.. (the rest can call it all obvious bs if they wish)

a person's name, plans, wealth, reputation doesn't matter in the end (all is devoured by chaos)...
the rank of a human being is measured by what actions he/she takes in the present.
But you do understand that's exactly why when something is said in a certain way or context it's perceived and received accordingly as well, right?

Posts: 264
Joined: February 2011
prince0gotham wrote:But you do understand that's exactly why when something is said in a certain way or context it's perceived and received accordingly as well, right?
yes... that is why i am posting on a Nolan fans website under the philosophy section..

there is an air of awkwardness around these threads because nobody really knows how the f to respond...
that is understandable.. read then discard

User avatar
Posts: 15467
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
just try to connect what you say to a topic and don't separate it

usually there's either too much going on in here or nothing going on at all and both make threads like this one seem like a bother so post accordingly

Posts: 264
Joined: February 2011
prince0gotham wrote:just try to connect what you say to a topic and don't separate it

usually there's either too much going on in here or nothing going on at all and both make threads like this one seem like a bother so post accordingly
what is it specifically that i didn't connect to the topic?
you are being pretty vague yourself... how about giving me an example.. i will be happy to elaborate

User avatar
Posts: 15467
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
Well, have in mind that I dind't even read the post so I'll just comment on the things that stand out (and I'll achieve that through just skimming through it) and that would make someone refuse to read it at all.


The beginning has that 'okay guys, listen!' tone which attached to us barely knowing you and you barely posting about anything makes people think "Who is this guy and why should we listen? Why does he think we should?". You start off assuming we're all ready to listen to something instead of greasing us into listening.

The Three-dot-disease.

Repetition of words in capital. You sound excited but having everything in mind this can only be irritating instead of intriguing. It's like you've solved a mystery and are excitedly telling us what it all means but we were never interested in that mystery in the first place so we gotta bear with a post to get to the answer to the mystery AND realizing what the mystery was... in the same time. That, instead of first telling us either the mystery or the answer, so that one would choose whether to be interested in the post or not, and then getting to the solution.

Your wording is a necklace of strong and sometimes semi-sophisticated words that don't suit the tone and voice or structure of your post.

All in all - too much of the eurica sensation. This is hard to read, understand or be interested by.

User avatar
Posts: 6772
Joined: February 2011
Location: The Discount Inn
Viral114 wrote:Imagine a chalkboard… you use chalk to write on it…
It is a slate of hard substance on which a person can write... and effectively relay information to all observers including the self… The function of the chalkboard is not only to be a medium that communicates a typical piece of information… it also functions to depict a VARIATION of information. Meaning nothing is written in stone… Nothing is concrete... everything is replaceable...
From the alphabet to ANY other complex form of association… everything is temporary… and everything is erasable…

Life is a sentence written in chalk…
There is no tangible legacy/imprint that life can leave… and so some of us daringly ask the question: “what is all this for??” If we are “alive” only because life was coincidentally probable and favorable in a specific time and place on early earth... if we have elaborate self-preserving machinery within us giving us the “will” to survive… and inhibiting all self destructive actions (the standard set by life)… then doesn’t it simply mean that the nature of life is in direct contradiction with the nature of existence??

I know that existence is INHERENTLY divergent (which is another way of saying we know very little)… if you don’t believe me just look at your surroundings.

You are surrounded by material made up of DIFFERENT elements… each element has a DIFFERENT equilibrium… DIFFERENT properties... DIFFERENT appearance… each element is used for DIFFERENT applicable functions by living organisms…

Or maybe… you are surrounded by people… people with DIFFERENT genotypes… with DIFFERENT backgrounds… with DIFFERENT origins… DIFFERENT nations… these nations have their own DIFFERENT dances… DIFFERENT cuisine... DIFFERENT traditional clothing… DIFFERENT language… DIFFERENT culture.

The inherent nature of existence tells us that there are ONLY differences (only entropy)... that empires will break down into countries… countries will break apart into smaller countries… stable countries will distribute power into provinces/states… provinces/states will distribute power to the people… families… and families will HOPEFULLY distribute power among members that compose it…

Nature tells us that: stars accumulate mass… their cores ignite… some stars become so humongous due to their gravitational appeal that they can’t sustain themselves… supernova… big stars die young
Nature tells us that: viruses are prolific… they use the host’s machinery to multiply (selfishness)… undermining the very medium of their survival … the host dies and virus’ only source of sustainability with it.
Nature tells us that: people revolve around ideologies and that the sheer number and mass of people that circles around an ideology sparks external interest and participation… soon the exponential growth in subscriptions to an ideology becomes an aversive agent… the ideology isn’t “big enough” to sustain its large number of subscriptions

Existence is shaped in such a way… everything that becomes too large… spreads too much… or constantly ages through time, is reminded:
Nothing is absolute…
nature reminds me (personally) that I DON’T know everything… I WON’T live forever… I am NOT the only one… in a finite existence EVERYTHING is finite.

everything that has a beginning has an end…

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=-QjuEWsdgEc
:suicide:
"When art imitates life"
Image

Posts: 264
Joined: February 2011
prince0gotham wrote:
Well, have in mind that I dind't even read the post so I'll just comment on the things that stand out (and I'll achieve that through just skimming through it) and that would make someone refuse to read it at all.


The beginning has that 'okay guys, listen!' tone which attached to us barely knowing you and you barely posting about anything makes people think "Who is this guy and why should we listen? Why does he think we should?". You start off assuming we're all ready to listen to something instead of greasing us into listening.

The Three-dot-disease.

Repetition of words in capital. You sound excited but having everything in mind this can only be irritating instead of intriguing. It's like you've solved a mystery and are excitedly telling us what it all means but we were never interested in that mystery in the first place so we gotta bear with a post to get to the answer to the mystery AND realizing what the mystery was... in the same time. That, instead of first telling us either the mystery or the answer, so that one would choose whether to be interested in the post or not, and then getting to the solution.

Your wording is a necklace of strong and sometimes semi-sophisticated words that don't suit the tone and voice or structure of your post.

All in all - too much of the eurica sensation. This is hard to read, understand or be interested by.
the amount of presumptions you have made (as a reader) are quiet frankly frightening...
the feedback i am getting from you is "don't post here... follow a specific format... if you don't, no one will read"
why does it tickle you or anyone if i am willing to share a piece of knowledge with a random group of people..
i hope you know that you can CHOOSE to ignore all this.. Christ on cracker

i didn't even ask for critique... and if it bothers everyone so much i will stop posting... adios

User avatar
Posts: 15467
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
Viral114 wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:
Well, have in mind that I dind't even read the post so I'll just comment on the things that stand out (and I'll achieve that through just skimming through it) and that would make someone refuse to read it at all.


The beginning has that 'okay guys, listen!' tone which attached to us barely knowing you and you barely posting about anything makes people think "Who is this guy and why should we listen? Why does he think we should?". You start off assuming we're all ready to listen to something instead of greasing us into listening.

The Three-dot-disease.

Repetition of words in capital. You sound excited but having everything in mind this can only be irritating instead of intriguing. It's like you've solved a mystery and are excitedly telling us what it all means but we were never interested in that mystery in the first place so we gotta bear with a post to get to the answer to the mystery AND realizing what the mystery was... in the same time. That, instead of first telling us either the mystery or the answer, so that one would choose whether to be interested in the post or not, and then getting to the solution.

Your wording is a necklace of strong and sometimes semi-sophisticated words that don't suit the tone and voice or structure of your post.

All in all - too much of the eurica sensation. This is hard to read, understand or be interested by.
the amount of presumptions you have made (as a reader) are quiet frankly frightening...
the feedback i am getting from you is "don't post here... follow a specific format... if you don't, no one will read"
why does it tickle you or anyone if i am willing to share a piece of knowledge with a random group of people..
i hope you know that you can CHOOSE to ignore all this.. Christ on cracker

i didn't even ask for critique... and if it bothers everyone so much i will stop posting... adios
you're being ridiculous


i haven't formulated these presumptions in my head before you told me to point out what's wrong with your post

I was patiently explaining to you which things in your post provoke the according reactions and why people wouldn't read your post or take it seriously.

Sharing a piece of knowledge is one thing, sharing unorganized and hectic contemplations with a random group of people is exactly what's wrong here.

I didn't tell you not to post. Read carefully what I said exactly. I told you to post accordingly. That is if you have any sense of orientation about what makes certain posts and threads appealing and what doesn't. If you're denying my critique about why your post and thread is obviously unappealing and unintriguing and even provoking negative feedback then we're done here. You've made other threads like this one and they've received some positive feedback so they must've been more appropriately written I guess but they still shared some of the negative qualities of the original post in this thread.

Post Reply