Chaos

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Imagine a chalkboard… you use chalk to write on it…
It is a slate of hard substance on which a person can write... and effectively relay information to all observers including the self… The function of the chalkboard is not only to be a medium that communicates a typical piece of information… it also functions to depict a VARIATION of information. Meaning nothing is written in stone… Nothing is concrete... everything is replaceable...
From the alphabet to ANY other complex form of association… everything is temporary… and everything is erasable…

Life is a sentence written in chalk…
There is no tangible legacy/imprint that life can leave… and so some of us daringly ask the question: “what is all this for??” If we are “alive” only because life was coincidentally probable and favorable in a specific time and place on early earth... if we have elaborate self-preserving machinery within us giving us the “will” to survive… and inhibiting all self destructive actions (the standard set by life)… then doesn’t it simply mean that the nature of life is in direct contradiction with the nature of existence??

I know that existence is INHERENTLY divergent (which is another way of saying we know very little)… if you don’t believe me just look at your surroundings.

You are surrounded by material made up of DIFFERENT elements… each element has a DIFFERENT equilibrium… DIFFERENT properties... DIFFERENT appearance… each element is used for DIFFERENT applicable functions by living organisms…

Or maybe… you are surrounded by people… people with DIFFERENT genotypes… with DIFFERENT backgrounds… with DIFFERENT origins… DIFFERENT nations… these nations have their own DIFFERENT dances… DIFFERENT cuisine... DIFFERENT traditional clothing… DIFFERENT language… DIFFERENT culture.

The inherent nature of existence tells us that there are ONLY differences (only entropy)... that empires will break down into countries… countries will break apart into smaller countries… stable countries will distribute power into provinces/states… provinces/states will distribute power to the people… families… and families will HOPEFULLY distribute power among members that compose it…

Nature tells us that: stars accumulate mass… their cores ignite… some stars become so humongous due to their gravitational appeal that they can’t sustain themselves… supernova… big stars die young
Nature tells us that: viruses are prolific… they use the host’s machinery to multiply (selfishness)… undermining the very medium of their survival … the host dies and virus’ only source of sustainability with it.
Nature tells us that: people revolve around ideologies and that the sheer number and mass of people that circles around an ideology sparks external interest and participation… soon the exponential growth in subscriptions to an ideology becomes an aversive agent… the ideology isn’t “big enough” to sustain its large number of subscriptions

Existence is shaped in such a way… everything that becomes too large… spreads too much… or constantly ages through time, is reminded:
Nothing is absolute…
nature reminds me (personally) that I DON’T know everything… I WON’T live forever… I am NOT the only one… in a finite existence EVERYTHING is finite.

everything that has a beginning has an end…

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=-QjuEWsdgEc

I actually read that. I don't even know how to respond.

Why so serious?

Duh.

Viral114, if you like hazy "philosophical" theories, I suggest you read some of Marcel Proust's books. I'm sure you'll like them.

Flying Rodent wrote:Viral114, if you like hazy "philosophical" theories, I suggest you read some of Marcel Proust's books. I'm sure you'll like them.
That and James Joyce (Ulysses - tough one), among some others of course.

Flying Rodent wrote:Viral114, if you like hazy "philosophical" theories, I suggest you read some of Marcel Proust's books. I'm sure you'll like them.
er.. most of what i write is inspired by the actual study of nature.. (neuroscience, biochemistry, astronomy etc.)
reading farfetched and "hazy" philosophical theories is good entertainment.. but overdoing it makes the reader a sheep
(unless it is for educational purposes)

What exactly do you find "hazy" in my post? Considering this is an internet forum i hope you pay respect to the context.

m4st4 wrote:
Duh.
appreciate a movie for what it is... nobody panics...
come up with your own unique interpretation of that movie... and everybody looses their minds

introduce a little anarchy.. stop following.. start leading