NolanFans collective diary of angry venting

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I made this thread for anyone who feels like getting something off their chest. If you're angry at someone, feel under appreciated, angry at the world, pissed at something that happened to you etc, this is the thread to let it out. Anyone can comment, help, console (lol) anyone.

I was going to put this in Forum Fun, but it's not exactly fun and I think it's relating to philosophy. When it comes to things like this we all show our own views and our own philosophy.

Here's mine for the day:

I consider myself a pretty nice person, I don't like to be a hypocrite and if I'm going to say something I better back it up myself. I get pissed when the very same people that feel they're above you at one moment, start complaining when others feel above them. I think alot of people need to be taught a shit-ton of lessons and need to be consistent. Perhaps I've got a thing or two to learn as well. I get sick of hypocrisy and inconsistency...People can seem very cowardly when they preach a message of non-cowardice as well.

I'm older than quite a few people here. 26...the same age as the site creators. But I still get pissed at shit my Dad says. I'm not a post-teenager that hasn't grown up and gets mad when parents say/do shit out of their love for you to protect you and guide you. Not that...I just HATE it when he's real opinionated...he can be a real buzz kill when it comes to things that aren't even bad at all. Somethings that have alot of meaning for me, that I don't see as offensive (realistically)...but to him would be like someone just told him his mother's a cunt to his face. When you try to tell him that he's wrong he won't listen. He talks like everyone ought to agree with him. And if ANYONE has anything constructively critical to say about him, or if they say anything that isn't viewing him in a spotless light, he gets real hurt. Here's the thing....He doesn't admit to any of it. I can tell that he cares alot about what people think even when he says he doesn't. He acts phony sometimes and pretends to be this all caring, all positive all loving and accepting guy. He internalizes alot of shit, won't talk about anything that will relate to this. He flat out denies everything and if you say anything (if you aren't a close family member) he'll literally break the friendship and hold a grudge. ...Sometimes I just to tell him to his face to quit being such a fucking pussy and work out his issues. I think he was bullied alot.

This may not look like a big problem...I guess this happens to literally anyone who knows someone forever. I don't think there's one person out there who isnt' agitated at their parents for something.

I feel bad for saying all that about my father. When I'm pissed, I can cut real deep. But that's just the way I am. That could be as well due to some issues I have myself. In fact yeah, I guess I get mad when other people feel they're right when they're wrong and I'll do anything to wreck their shit.
Last edited by SantomTheWhite on April 1st, 2012, 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

I fucking despise IWatchFilmsNotMovies.

Ah, that feels better.

Mason wrote:I fucking despise IWatchFilmsNotMovies.

Ah, that feels better.
Interesting developments.

My friends can be fucking cunts.
Sigs???

I dislike people who think the world (and radicals) hate the United States because we're free and prosperous and allow women to have equal rights, rather than our occupation of nearly 150 countries with 900 military bases, continous placement of sanctions which could be considered an act of war, and our schizophrenic tendencies to give billions of dollars to foreign dictators and then bomb them when they refuse to agree with us.

I wish that the Universe didn't exist.

steveportee wrote:I wish that the Universe didn't exist.
"When art imitates life"

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:My friends can be fucking cunts.
Get new friends.
Do you... like pineapple?

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:My friends can be fucking cunts.
Maybe because you call them 'fucking cunts'.

SantomTheWhite wrote:I made this thread for anyone who feels like getting something off their chest. If you're angry at someone, feel under appreciated, angry at the world, pissed at something that happened to you etc, this is the thread to let it out. Anyone can comment, help, console (lol) anyone.

I was going to put this in Forum Fun, but it's not exactly fun and I think it's relating to philosophy. When it comes to things like this we all show our own views and our own philosophy.

Here's mine for the day:

I consider myself a pretty nice person, I don't like to be a hypocrite and if I'm going to say something I better back it up myself. I get pissed when the very same people that feel they're above you at one moment, start complaining when others feel above them. I think alot of people need to be taught a shit-ton of lessons and need to be consistent. Perhaps I've got a thing or two to learn as well. I get sick of hypocrisy and inconsistency...People can seem very cowardly when they preach a message of non-cowardice as well.

I'm older than quite a few people here. 26...the same age as the site creators. But I still get pissed at shit my Dad says. I'm not a post-teenager that hasn't grown up and gets mad when parents say/do shit out of their love for you to protect you and guide you. Not that...I just HATE it when he's real opinionated...he can be a real buzz kill when it comes to things that aren't even bad at all. Somethings that have alot of meaning for me, that I don't see as offensive (realistically)...but to him would be like someone just told him his mother's a cunt to his face. When you try to tell him that he's wrong he won't listen. He talks like everyone ought to agree with him. And if ANYONE has anything constructively critical to say about him, or if they say anything that isn't viewing him in a spotless light, he gets real hurt. Here's the thing....He doesn't admit to any of it. I can tell that he cares alot about what people think even when he says he doesn't. He acts phony sometimes and pretends to be this all caring, all positive all loving and accepting guy. He internalizes alot of shit, won't talk about anything that will relate to this. He flat out denies everything and if you say anything (if you aren't a close family member) he'll literally break the friendship and hold a grudge. ...Sometimes I just to tell him to his face to quit being such a fucking pussy and work out his issues. I think he was bullied alot.

This may not look like a big problem...I guess this happens to literally anyone who knows someone forever. I don't think there's one person out there who isnt' agitated at their parents for something.

I feel bad for saying all that about my father. When I'm pissed, I can cut real deep. But that's just the way I am. That could be as well due to some issues I have myself. In fact yeah, I guess I get mad when other people feel they're right when they're wrong and I'll do anything to wreck their shit.
I really relate to what you wrote.

First of all, you shouldn't feel bad about this. It's natural to get angry at your parents. IMO, it's much better to grow up with yours own ideas, beliefs, dreams and opinions rather than be a puppet of your parents.

Second, I'm not far from you, 25. My dad is this big time Jewish lawyer. Just like your dad it's also impossible to try and change his mind, about anything. Now I have to add I think highly of my dad, he's extremely wise, and he became really successful when he started with nothing, but that just made him even more sure of himself.
I wonder if in your situation it also really effects your own life's decisions?
Cos I can say that here, while we can argue about silly thing like historical facts (we even bet on it sometimes and so far I always won, because I'd only bet when I have facts to show him and he's so sure of himself he thinks I make stuff up when I tell him he's wrong). But sometimes it's really upsetting and can make me feel very doubtfull of myself. I've been wanting to study and work in film since I was 10, but he basically doesn't believe in it, I suppose, doesn't believe in me either, he drove me into studying law despite my extreme dislike to it. I'm now in my second year (we have the army here so we start uni late) and I started to feel lately like I truly hate him, I hate him for it. I decided to try and stay well away from him except on holidays or when I have to.